- Report: #1022053
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Worldwide Transfers
Worldwide Transfers2906 Lawrence Rd. Wichita Falls, Tx. 76309 Wichita Falls, Texas United States of America
Worldwide Transfers World Wide Vane Lines Extortion, Bullying, Felony Behavior, and worse Wichita Falls, Texas
1. WT picks up my belongings that from storage.
2. They weigh my items and tell me that my actual weight is almost twice my quoted weight.
3. I tell them it can't be. I know that I moved out of 2BD apt and even downsized to fit all belongings into a 10x10 storage unit. They say my stuff weighs 7,000lbs, or the equivalent of like a 6BD house. I know it can't be.
4. They send me a weigh ticket that shows the weight. I tell them that I want a re-weigh closer to the dropoff address of my home once items arrive and that it is my federal right.
5. Next I get a call from owner, Bobby, who sounds like a mafia. He tells me that I pay the difference (more than double my quoted weight...adtn'l $3,000) or he is going to leave my items on the side of road.
6. I tell him I will pay him difference if after the re-weigh it actually is that much.
7. I basically don't hear from him again for another month. Mind you WVL was supposed to deliver within a month.
8. Out of blue I get a call and say that my driver is a couple hours away. I tell him to meet me at weigh scale. He doesn't. He comes to my house and starts unloading. I tell him to stop and that if they don't re-weigh then they are breaking federal law.
9. During the month of no contact I hire an attorney and get a temporary restraining order.
10. Once Bobby knows I have researched it, he agrees that if I don't re-weigh then he won't charge me any additional costs.
11. I agree to his terms because I am done dealing with him and afraid my stuff will be lost again.
If you have to deal with him, don't ever agree to pay him in full. Wait and absolutely demand a re-weigh. It is your right by federal law to be present at a pre and post weigh. He will do everything in his power to make the experience as miserable for you as possible, but in the end I got everything undamaged. But I can't tell you how often we thought we would never see our belongings again. Just to give you an idea how complicated a law suit would have been: belongings picked up in NY, dropped off in Idaho, WT headquartered in TX, business incorporated in NJ, and Bobby lives in FL. A law suit would have never happened and I would have been screwed had I not followed the law.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-Transfers/Wichita-Falls-Texas-76309/Worldwide-Transfers-World-Wide-Vane-Lines-Extortion-Bullying-Felony-Behavior-and-worse-1022053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.