• Report: #319689

• Submitted: Thu, March 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 20, 2008

• Reported By:Truckee California
Worldwide Travel Center
160 SW 12 Ave Suite 102 Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-331-3331
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Worldwide Travel Center "Can you say SCAM? I knew you could!" Deerfield Beach Florida

I recevied the "Enjoy three days and two nights vacation" Worldwide Travel Center brochure from a friend at a home party. I thought it would be a fun, freebie get-a-way for myself and my daughter to go to San Francisco.

I called them on Feb 11th thinking a little over a month would be enough time to reserve a hotel for Mar 17th. I verbally gave them all of my information and then mailed a $50 check the same day. The "customer service" rep told me I needed to include a statement authorizing the hotel to charge my credit card for the required security deposit? (How scary now to think they have my credit card information.) They told me once they receive my reservation form and the $50 that it would take 7-10 days to process.

I called them on Feb 28 to check the status of my reservation and they told me it was still in process. They verified that they had received my check, although it had not cleared my bank yet. One would think that if they were out to take your money, that they would have cashed my check right away.

I called a few times in the next couple of days and was hung up on three times with them stating they were having phone trouble. Yeah, right.

I called on Mar 7th and still no information on my reservation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put into voicemail and much to my surprise, I received a call back from a "supervisor" within a couple hours.

She was not very helpful at all and told me it takes 10-15 days to process the reservations. I told her that she may want to get on the same page as her "customer service" staff because they told me it was 7-10 days to process and regardless, they were on day 15 of their processing and were still unable to let me know where I was staying. I told her I was leaving a week from Monday and I needed an answer. No "I'm sorry." No "I feel your frustration." Nothing. Customer service at its best.

I figured I had spent enough time and enegy on this crap so I decided to put a stop payment on my check. I was charged $28 in fees from my bank but, oh well.

Just to see what they would say, I called them on Mar 19th to check the status of my reservation. I gave the "customer service rep" my brochure number and she asked me what my arrival date was. I told her she should have that information already. She said, "Oh, it was March 17th. Would you like to reschedule?" I said, "Absoluely not. I have already been on my vacation and we had a wonderful time and I would never use or recommend Worldwide Travel Center to anyone. Your company has the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with." And she comes back with, "Have a nice day." and she hung up on me.

Truckee, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2008 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-Travel-Center/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/Worldwide-Travel-Center-Can-you-say-SCAM-I-knew-you-could-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-319689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldwide Travel Center