Complaint Review: Worldwide Who's Who Publishing Inc

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Sharla — Springtown Texas
Worldwide Who's Who Publishing Inc
498 RXR Plaza Uniondale, New York United States of America

Worldwide Who's Who Publishing Inc Charged credit card after advising charges would not occur until their bio approved by me Uniondale, New York

I was invited to be a candidate consideration through Linked In for women owned businesses.   After several phone calls back and forth and several discussions about my career I was advised that I had been chosen as one of their candidates for 2013 and to proceed would need to apply for a membership to continue the process.  I expressed my concern about getting locked into something that may not be a fit and was advised I would have the opportunity to review the bio they wrote up based on previous phone calls before any transaction took place.  During the phone call I was provided a user name and password to login to their website while on the phone with their rep to assure and be shown how/where to retrieve my materials once I received notification my bio had been released since I had expressed concern with the rep that I needed some sort of proof this was not a rip-off scheme.  She wanted to show me they had a legitimate website.

Needless to say the credit card was charged and even though we are disputing the charges, they used the logn scheme to make it appear I had retrieved my materials when I had not.  As of today their website is STILL asking me to accept their terms & conditions, which I have not done but because they can show I logged into the website at one time - it appears I utilized the service when it fact....I did not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-Whos-Who-Publishing-Inc/Uniondale-New-York-11556/Worldwide-Whos-Who-Publishing-Inc-Charged-credit-card-after-advising-charges-would-not-1036789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldwide Who's Who Publishing Inc