Complaint Review: Worldwide Who's Who

• Updated: Sun, October 14, 2012

• Reported By: Phil — Texas United States of America
Worldwide Who's Who

Worldwide Who's Who Charging for unapproved and un received items. Internet

I had been contacted and thought that joining the Worldwide Who's Who directory would be a good move for my startup company. The initial charge, which I agreed to, was $389. A short while later I received a call that was asking for where they would send some sort of "desk tribute". When I asked what this was about I was told that it was, or at least it was strongly implied that it was, included in the $389. So far so good. I later noticed that I had been invoiced a second $389 and assumed it was an error. When I inquired I was told that this was for the "tribute". At that point I recalled that I had not received anything and brought that up. I was told that they could resend it. I said that in fact no I did not want a $389 "tribute" and that I would prefer that they canceled that order and issued a refund. They refused. To date I have never received their $389 tribute which must be made of Waterford Crystal to be that pricey. Several follow ups have made no difference. I have seen no benefit from my membership and must therefore assume that I have been victimized by a carefully legal rip-off. Save your money and spend it on joining your local Chamber of Commerce as you will get much more benefit for your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-Whos-Who/internet/Worldwide-Whos-Who-Charging-for-unapproved-and-un-received-items-Internet-954761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldwide Who's Who