Complaint Review: Worthpoint

Worthpoint
Atlanta, Georgia USA

Worthpoint Unauthorized debit on card after cancelling trial Atlanta Georgia

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Resolution

I'd read a few positive references to Worthpoint in the past, so I decided to do their "free trial" yesterday. Like many sites, you are required to enter your credit card #, but will only be charged if you don't cancel before the trial period expires. You only get to view a hand full of items during the trial (or 7 days, whichever comes first), and I was somewhat underwhelmed by the pictures being so small and a poor search system. I realize that some find it useful, to each their own.

Anyway, I went through the process to cancel and received a message that my subscription had been cancelled and I would be charged no longer; I could resubscribe again at any time by signing in and authorizing a subscription. I assumed that was that.

At about 10:30 this morning, Worthpoint out of Atlanta, GA charged my card for $12.99. This was obviously erroneous, so I first filed a customer support ticket online, then attempted to call the number on the website. The number is a dead-in; you can't get an option for a live person, and if you do the mashing 0's trick, you eventually get a voicemail. Then when I tried to login this afternoon to check the ticket, my password no longer worked. I had to do a password reset just to view the fact that my ticket was "waiting to be assigned".

This company has been around for a long time, and thus I didn't have any reservations about doing the trial. However, having read a number of similar complaints on ripoffreport.com - all receiving the same copy/pasted reply from someone at Worthpoint that gives a number that ALSO leads to voicemail - about people being charged for months or even years, with no way of resolving the issue, I'm seriously having reservations about ever giving these people my credit card # to begin with.

If unresolved soon, I'll have to file a dispute...especially after I've read the reports that they refuse to give refunds for erroneous charges. If necessary, I'm only a few hours away from Atlanta, and will drive to Fulton County and file a fraud case myself. Would love to hear their response, and what they plan on EVER doing to fix this. I have no intention of waiting around a few months while you get free money from me. Sounds like the makings of a Class Action Suit to me.

Please do NOT just copy/paste a response to me that gives the same #/extension that leads to voicemail that isn't answered. My message is already waiting on your voicemail, from Jacksonville, FL.

Call. Me. Back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worthpoint/Atlanta-Georgia/Worthpoint-Unauthorized-debit-on-card-after-cancelling-trial-Atlanta-Georgia-1067827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worthpoint

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Resolution

AUTHOR: Support - ()

Dear Sir/Madam,

We understand your frustration and would like to resolve this issue with you.  In order to work toward a resolution, we will need more information about your account (first/last name and email address). Have you spoken to a customer support representative at this time?

In addition, to answer your question in regards to how we aquired your credit card information--When you sign up for the 7-day trial/7 lookups, we ask for your credit card information on the registration page. If you do not enter this, you are unable to access pricing information in our Worthopedia--our online price guide.

Again, we understand your frustration and apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to improve our services.

Kind Regards,