Complaint Review: Wpi*ifriendsinternet / amatuermatch.com

• Updated: Tue, April 21, 2009

• Reported By:Columbus Georgia
Wpi*ifriendsinternet / amatuermatch.com
www.amatuermatch.com Internet U.S.A.

Wpi*ifriendsinternet / amatuermatch.com I was told that I had a free membership and my card would not be charged Lake Worth Florida / Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

i was told by amatuermatch that my credit card would not be charged for a free membership but i learn this not to be the case my account was charged nearly $300.00 this is clearly a rip off and fraudulant practices i want my money back in my account and to have nothing else to do with them my account was charged by wpi*ifriendsinternet based in lake worth, florida. something needs to be done about this company.

James
Columbus, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2009 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wpiifriendsinternet-amatuermatchcom/internet/Wpiifriendsinternet-amatuermatchcom-I-was-told-that-I-had-a-free-membership-and-my-car-443172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wpi*ifriendsinternet / amatuermatch.com

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate an account matching the details provided by James. James states that he signed up with amatuermatch.com the iFriends service is not associated in any way with amatuermatch.com (or with amateurmatch.com, if James mistyped the URL) . If James has received charges from the company operating that service, he will need to contact them directly to resolve the situation.

If James has received charges directly from iFriends, however, that means that either he or someone else established an account on the iFriends service. Any charges from iFriends will clearly state our company name, as well as a toll-free phone number that may be used to contact our Customer Care department. We encourage James to contact our Customer Care Department, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and can be reached by calling 1-800-243-9726 (a toll-free call from the US). We look forward to working with James to resolve any concerns or questions that he may have.

We have been in business for 13 years, and we have more than 9 million satisfied customers. We have consistently maintained excellent ratings with all leading consumer protection agencies. In addition, we have pioneered and developed online consumer best practices that have been adopted by many other services. The iFriends service is verified by TRUSTe and is on its sealholder list of the most trustworthy online businesses.