Complaint Review: Wunderland Cockers

• Updated: Tue, April 09, 2013

• Reported By: Cher — West Brookfield Massachusetts
Wunderland Cockers
6869 Maize rd N.W. Ramsey, Indiana United States of America

Wunderland Cockers Alice Gettlefinfer Sold me a sick dog, i would say it was a bait and switch. Ramsey, Indiana

*General Comment: Did you do anything to stop her?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Why would send you dog to me if AMY COME TO YOU SICK ?

*Author of original report: The dog Alice Gettlefinger sold me was sick and has passed away this morning

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Cheryl Cleveland

dog arrived with swollen glands, when i took her to the vet we found she had eye/ear and a sinus infection,glands were swollen,said she would take her back, no refund no replacement dog i would pay for shipping.I bought a dog from her that she bred for me before she went out of heat,last min.she said AKC lost the studs papers and that the previous co-owner won't sign papers so that the pups could be registered,she emailed me before 5 am telling me that,

the pups would have been due around Ap 24th or later, she already had my money$1100.00 for dog,crate,vet&shot.She offered this dog who she said was older but that she was worth more,by older i didn't know she meant 8 years old according to the vet that signed her health papers or 6 1/2 according to her akc papers.I had a death in my family so didn't follow up with vet check as soon as i should have,i don't know what she would have done with her if i did send her back but right now the dog is on meds for 2 weeks and then going to see what else she needs after the vet see's her again.

I don't even know if she owns the stud,think she tricked me into paying a stud fee so she could have a dog bred that she wanted to keep and sent me one she knew wasn't a good prospect for breeding. For the sake of the dogs she has ,i hope something can be done about her. If someone wants to know more or has had a problem with this breeder please feel free to contact me. (((email redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wunderland-Cockers/Ramsey-Indiana-47166/Wunderland-Cockers-Alice-Gettlefinfer-Sold-me-a-sick-dog-i-would-say-it-was-a-bait-and-sw-1036236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wunderland Cockers

#1 General Comment

Did you do anything to stop her?

AUTHOR: lmm81 - ()

I see a lot of reports about Wunderland Cockers and Alice. My question is did you notify AKC (or the club she registers under) They do not stand for low quality sickly dogs to continue to be bred by someone. If the conditions are what you all claim they would revoke her right to sell AKC dogs.

Has anyone notified the Animal Control/Shelter in her area?? If one of you had they as well would shut her down. It sounds like a puppy mill and they tend to stop those when reported.

People need to step up because I see reports from 2006 to present about this woman. That is 8 years of poor, sickly animals. This could easily be prevented.

Can you really complain when you have not stopped the neglect and mistreatment? If you are that upset and have the proof it should have been easy to shut her down....

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Why would send you dog to me if AMY COME TO YOU SICK ?

AUTHOR: OWNER of Wunderland Cockers - ()

If she was so sick and i sent her a dog that way . Why would she even think about sending her dog to me . ( to my house ) to be bred ??? LOL

It shows this is all a lie and i still haven't got any papers from her VET.

Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:20 PM

Did Amy pass away ?

Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: Sophie

Are you joking with me? I had her till she died on the morning of April 9th, she was at my vets twice in the time i had her, Why are you asking?Why do you think i am upset? I invested about $1500.00 into her and had to watch her die,when she started bleeding from her nose and mouth and sat with her as she died,it was very sad.I don't understand why you are emailing me now,

Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:09 PM

Are you joking with me? DID  You let her DIE

Well what did you Vet say was wrong?  She was not sick when she got on that air plain.  I just wonder if she had cancer and the pressure from the flight did something ???????? I don’t care what you think…  I liked her she was a very good dog.  And it is sad that she died. If she was sick I wouldn’t had shipped her . I would have made sure she was better before shipping her. I would  let you use Dante for stud if you like at no charge but you got to get your girl here.  I am sorry this had happen. But I tell you she wasn’t sick,  All my dogs are healthy I have people that comes here to pick puppies up and to use my boys for stud.   If they came here and seen sick dogs they wouldn’t leave them here. You can say I sent her that way and I can say you let her get sick an die.  but that wont change nothing  She is now gone and that is SAD…. So if you want to use my boy for stud your welcome too but there will be a contract  that none of his pups can be sold with full AKC reg other then the ones you .  Sorry  this had happen to Amy and you had to watch her die.

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: Sophie

You would breed my girl with Dante for free? I only have 3 girls one is too old to breed, (I only have 5 dogs, i was hoping to have a couple more) but maybe when the other comes into heat, Why would you do that for free?That would be great as i am retired and live on social security mostly,that is why i was going to get back into breeding, you can't survive on social security,Right now i have no food in the house for myself.  She is a Choc merle.and i'd be keeping one or two of her pups. Cheryl

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:13 PM
Subject: RE: Sophie

Yes if Amy died I would . I need phone number  and a paper from your Vet saying she died and why she died. She is micro chipped so it will be easy for him to say that’s her .

The dog Alice Gettlefinger sold me was sick and has passed away this morning

AUTHOR: Cher - ()

First of all Alice only posted the emails that she thought made her look
good, there are so many
more.
But more importantly, I woke up a little while ago to blood from my
living room to my kitchen where Amy dropped and had blood coming out of
her nose and mouth with a horrible stench, she was fighting to breath
and i believe she aspirated on her own blood.
                                                   I had her 6 weeks,
and brought her to the vet twice because she was sick when i got her. I
will see what the vet thinks is the cause, but since none of my other
dogs are sick or skinny,don't think her condition was because of
something done
here.
I am hoping my dogs don't get sick from whatever was wrong with
her,Nice way to treat a dog Alice, guess after you weren't showing her
anymore or breeding her she was just disposable to
you.
So you sold me this poor sick dog for $900.00,plus i paid you for her
vet checkup,rabie shot and crate,and the cost for shipping her and for
my vet visits here,that your vet thought was 8 years             old,and
i did ask her age, i have the email to prove
it
You knew she was supposed to be a pet and that i also wanted to breed
her with my dog,and you knew she couldn't be breed,Thanks for selling
her to me so she could at least die in a home instead of some cage
outside,as miserable as she was she wagged her tail when i talked to
her.I wish there was a way to stop you from the torment you put these
dogs
through.

i will post my phone number if anyone wants to call me, but they
probably wont post it, altough i do have a litter of cocker spaniels due
april 20th in massachusetts posted on puppyfind if you want to connect
with me through that.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Cheryl Cleveland

AUTHOR: AG - ()

Cheryl Cleveland

24 Madden Rd.

West Brookfield Ma. 01585

This is the e-mails show she asked for theis cocker. She is one of them people that gets dogs then wants her maney back and keep the dog i told her ship her back .... I'm not a rent-a-dog

as you read these e-mails you'll see she never said one thing about AMy being sick once she got her until 2 weeks of having her......

From:                              clevelandwe@aol.com

Sent:                               Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:33 PM

To:                                   wunderlandcockers@gmail.com

Subject:                          Re: Sophie

How is it going with the papers for the stud you used? Who was this breeder? I am still interested in her or another girl you may be looking to rehome, breed would be a plus.As long as his papers are in order. I should be able to do that soon. Thanks Cheryl

-----Original Message---,--

Sent: Fri, Mar 1, 2013 7:12 pm

Subject: Re: SophieHer paper was on the crate   She had 5 pups in her litters Alice On Mar 1, 2013, at 6:31 PM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

Amy must be coming into heat because my boys are after her already,my poodle   is going to be real disappointed.How many pups did she have in her litters?

Did you send her papers yet? Cheryl

Sent: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Subject: Re: Sophie

Thanks for letting me know you got her  Alice   On Feb 28, 2013, at 8:22 PM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

I got one saying she was leaving sdf at !:55 which made sense to me because     i wouldn't be home till around 4pm anyway she is here scoping out the house     and the other dogs.She is a cutie, I am about to go to bed but i didn't want
 you to worry about her> cheryl

Sent: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 5:43 pm

3603 7820      - Booked

5083/28FEB  SDF  SKED 1015    ORD  SKED 1040

4141/28FEB  ORD  SKED 1250    BDL  SKED 1550

This the e mail I got     Alice     On Feb 28, 2013, at 4:09 PM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

when is she supposed to get here? i thought she was leaving sdf at 1:55

Sent: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 7:25 am

Subject: Re: Sophie

At the port dropping Amy off she will be on her way to you      Alice       On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:34 AM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

No problem, just thought i'd put that out there. I have been burned too so i know how you feel.Cheryl

Sent: Tue, Feb 26, 2013 8:46 am

I'm holding on to her until I get the papers fixed . I don't take

payments on dogs sorry it just don't don't work out for me          Alice         On Feb 26, 2013, at 6:17 AM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

I know it is a last min. idea but if i came up with enough money to  pay for Sophie's vet,crate and shipping could you ship her and hold her papers till i pay her off? There aren't that many Cocker Spaniel  breeders advertizing up here so i know i wouldn't have a problem  selling her pups so at the very latest you would have all your money  by the end of June, i would paypal you your money with the first pups   sold etc. Let me know if you think this is something you would feel comfortable with, or i could send you predated checks. Just an idea,i   had just made an agreement with a man to buy his land , counting on  the dog money as some of the payment, so this might be a deal breaker   for me if i can't make the payments. Thanks Cheryl

Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Subject: RE:

Your welcome.  Did you get the shipping set up for Amy ?

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 12:53 PM

Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Subject: RE:

I sent the 76.00 back

Feb 25, 2013, at 11:46 AM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

okay!

Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

Subject: Re:

I added it up Amy 900 health paper 45 if I got to get the crate it's 55 plus cup for food and water  They are 8 and rabie is 15  That's 1,023. So I owe u 76 and I so not refund the sending fee for pay PayPal               Alice

Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 9:56 am

Subject: Re:

Got Amy set for the vet tomorrow what day do you want her

shipped Thursday or Friday                   Alice                   On Feb 25, 2013, at 9:42 AM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

Okay why don't we do that, i will take Amy with her papers, hoping you can get this straighten out with Sohpie for your  sake with the pups you got coming and i would still like to  get her if you can get his papers. Good Luck! Cheryl

Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 7:57 am

Subject: Re:

I just got the paper yesterday i didn't get my mail Sat so when I was out I got it . I call her last-night and got her text  back after i went to bed I can't ship Amy with out 1/2 down .  What I can do is put  your money on Amy and ship her and her paper to your what u  sent me would pay her off

And once I get the paper work fixed you can get Sophie . YEA SOPHIE AND AMY'S Papers are in my name only . Or I can ship   Sophie to you with her paper My stud fee is 500 with or with out AKC reg . It's up to you . I'm hoping I get it fixed like I said I have 1 other bred to him here. And a litter that needs to be reg.

I might have to sale them nonreg.                     Alice                     On Feb 25, 2013, at 6:51 AM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

Not good!!! i have to go for lab work now and won't be  back till after my bus run(about 9:30 my time).What if i   sent you the crate and vet money ($100.00) for Amy and paid for shipping for both, you can hold Sophie's papers and send them to me when we get this all sorted  out.Hopefully before the pups are old enough to be sold, if i had known this before i could have just used my stud.Any thoughts on this idea,I have to ask when did you find this out and are Sophie and Amy's papers in order? I  will talk to you later, have to fast for this lab work and am already starving. Hope we can straighten this out.

Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 4:55 am

Subject: Re:

Well got some bad news . I sent off the studs AKC paper along with another AKC paper and they lost his
AKC said I have to have his breeders sign for another   paper So I call the breeder that I got him from and she said she
 would get it for me  Well now the co-owner don't want to sign . I don't know what I'm going to do  I might have to fight this in court .   I have 2 bitch bred to him now and a litter to be reg now.'

This is why I won't co own dogs.

Alice                       On Feb 24, 2013, at 9:35 PM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

After i pay for the shipping i will only have $300.00  left, so i will have to pass, i am waiting to see if i
will be getting a refund from uhaul for the truck i  rented, i got stuck because of the storm we had here, and i am also waiting on a paycheck that has been bouncing around from post office to post office but i   can't say when i will see either of those.Maybe you will still have her when i can get the money together. Cheryl

Sent: Sun, Feb 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Subject: Re:

This where u sign up American air lines                        Alice                         On Feb 24, 2013, at 8:00 PM, clevelandwe@aol.com wrote:

How and where do you sign up? is it with Delta? I can't pick her or them up tues, or weds. My brother
-in law died unexpectantly friday and i will be with  the family at the viewing and funeral on those days.

Sent: Sun, Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Subject: Re:

You can sign up with run away pets they will take it

out of your checking or you pay them with PayPal it's

185 to186 a dog that's all                           Alice                           On Feb 24, 2013, at 7:18 PM, clevelandwe@aol.com

wrote:

do you know what they will charge for 2 dogs? I know they don't let them go in the same crate, but i
 think they give you a break when you are shipping 2 to the same place, at least they used to.If that is the case i just might be able to squeek by.

rom: Alice Gettelfinger

<wunderlandcockers@gmail.com>

Sent: Sun, Feb 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Subject: Re:

I'm calling VET tomorrow to set up the apt. I need to know for one or two                            Alice                             On Feb 24, 2013, at 1:58 PM, clevelandwe@aol.com

wrote:

what would i have to come up with in order for you to ship her at the same time as Sophie? would you
hold her papers till you got all of it? If you  can't i totally can understand that, but would have to pass at this time.

From: Alice Gettelfinger

<wunderlandcockers@gmail.com>

Sent: Sun, Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

My website   Was asking 1500 but if u can pay for now And I can ship them together I would take 900
 she has had 3 litters great mom and due in heat  next month going by last time                                Alice                               On Feb 24, 2013, at 10:12 AM, clevelandwe@aol.com

wrote:

What are you asking for Amy? Do you have any  pics of her, i can't get on your website since
 you don't have any pups on puppyfind, i used  that link. Is it okay with you if i paypal you the shipping fee while i know i still have the money . It has been a real tight month.Pay checks getting lost in the mail and such because  of my move. Thanks Cheryl