Complaint Review: Www.creditreport.com

• Submitted: Tue, August 10, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 10, 2004

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
USA Internet U.S.A.

Www.creditreport.com hooks you with defaulted check boxes, nails you with 3 day "grace period". Rip-off! Internet

I wanted a one-time credit report and despite trying to navigate a mine-field of check-boxes (checked by default of course) selecting to add all kinds of extra services, I still found at the end an extra $35 tacked on to my total. So I went back and unchecked the box in question, but somehow (hmmm) they still ended up charging me the extra $35. When I realized this a week later, they told me there was nothing they could do because I had passed the three day grace period. "So you're going to charge me for a year-long service that I didn't want, haven't used and hasn't cost you anything to provide?", I asked. Apparently they have no problem with that kind of ripoff.

Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2004 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wwwcreditreportcom/internet/Wwwcreditreportcom-hooks-you-with-defaulted-check-boxes-nails-you-with-3-day-grace-per-102943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Www.creditreport.com