Complaint Review: Www.movieland.com

• Reported By:APO Other
Www.movieland.com
www.movieland.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Www.movieland.com ripoff Online

Movieland.com was downloaded on my computer by mistake. I got the 3 day free trial and canceled as described in their cancellation process. I got a return response even saying I had successfully canceled, but after that I started receiving pop-ups saying I owed them money for the service. What also was concerning was it was different amounts each time. I guess it was as if I didn't "bite" on the first ad they were willing to settle for something rather than nothing. This is the first time I have seen any site like this and personally it's very rude, invasive, obnoxious, and I think it should be illegal to place this kind of streaming pop-up on someone's personal PC.

When going through the process of downloading such material they do it very discretely so you will not know it's being done so anyone who encounters movieland.com, I would suggest exiting that site immediately before they become an unwilling target.

Arthur
APO
Japan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2006 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wwwmovielandcom/nationwide/Wwwmovielandcom-ripoff-Online-180783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Www.movieland.com