Complaint Review: Www.mydv.co.uk

• Submitted: Thu, December 01, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 01, 2005

• Reported By:Adderbury Europe
Www.mydv.co.uk
618 Main St Waltham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Www.mydv.co.uk Overcharged in $usd as opposed to pounds sterling, appeared to be registered as uk company and was not. Item not delivered Waltham Massachusetts

On 9th of November I attempted to purchase an Archose Gmini 402 from My dv.

The website had a uk address and a uk telephone number and in no way inidcated they were a us company.

The website indicated a price of 193.

Only on Nov 21 was there an indication that dispatch was imminent (for Nov 23) as it happended this was not true.

I looked at my visa bill to find I had been charged 355.00 USD @ 1.698320815 resulting in $209

Attempts were made to contact the company through live chat and using their uk telephone number. The uk telephone number indicated a full mailbox (but in an American accent).

I then googled and found othre victims.

I realised that this con was widespread.

I then managed to call Matt Wolf who did give the impression of beinga useful contact. An Ashley Hardy contacted me from their Bangalore call centre indicating that the unit had not dispatched and this I cancelled.

On 29th of November I enquired about my repayment with Nat wolf again and the same day an email was provided

I am sincerely hoping that the repayment will come through - at present there is nothing. I am also hoping that it isthe full gbp and not $355 as excahnge reates differences will not suit me.

This company has wasted a considerable ammount of my time and left a really bad feeling. It would be greatif either they could adopt reasonable business practices or could be shut down.

Gavin
Adderbury
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2005 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wwwmydvcouk/Waltham-Massachusetts-02451/Wwwmydvcouk-Overcharged-in-usd-as-opposed-to-pounds-sterling-appeared-to-be-register-166469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Www.mydv.co.uk