Complaint Review: Wynd Communications

• Updated: Fri, May 24, 2002

• Reported By:Baltimore MD
Wynd Communications
Dept LA 21939 , U.S.A.

Wyndtell Services, Wynd Communications Sold a RIM Pager that barely lasted one year

I purhased a RIM pager and Wyndtell Service for the pager. I was offered an insurance plan at an additional cost, which I declined. It is my personal feeling that if a product cannot last a year, it is not worth it's cost.

My RIM pager lasted just barely over one year. Suddenly, it went blank. I wondered what was wrong. The pager had not been dropped, was not exposed to any liquids, hot or cold temperatures, was being used in a normal manner and there was no reason for it to fail so soon after only one year of usage.

I would not want this pager replaced!

I am glad I did not buy an insurance plan for it. Instead, I purchased a Motorola T-900 pager and continued with my Wyndtell Service.

The Motorola pager is working fine, but the Wyndtell Service fails to send the emergency messages to AAA as promised in it's advertisement.

Since I followed the instructions in the Wyndtell User booklet as exactly as I could, I cannot understand why I am unable to contact AAA via page during emergencies, nor do I receive any response to my inquiries to Wyndtell as to what might be the problem.

Anyone else having any problems with contacting AAA via Wyndtell Services during emergencies?

Amy
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2002 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wynd-Communications//Wyndtell-Services-Wynd-Communications-Sold-a-RIM-Pager-that-barely-lasted-one-year-21466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wynd Communications