Complaint Review: Wyndham Professionals

windhampros.com Internet United States of America

Wyndham Professionals ,Windham Professionals Puts Family in Panic Internet

*General Comment: My thoughts/advice

*Consumer Suggestion: yes they can

Just received a phone call from Wyndham by a Courtney Gabbert.  She asked to speak to me, but I wasn't home so she proceeded to discuss my situation with my wife.

She told my wife that we could settle for $8,000 and my wife said if that was the case we would have given that to the original lender.  She told my wife to go to a bank and get a loan, or borrow the money from someone.  When my wife told her we couldn't do that she put her on hold and came back telling her they would accept $400 by today.  My wife told her that we couldn't do that and the woman then told her we could because as of this past Wednesday our bank account showed we had $400.  My wife said that is funny because as of Wednesday we only had $205.  She then said to my wife that the amount she said comes from a credit card, my wife once again said thats funny because we have no credit cards and asked where Courtney was getting this info and she told my wife that it doesn't show the location of the card.

Courtney then suggested to my wife to discuss this phone call with me and get back to her by Monday at 1:00 pm with the $400 or they will start the process of involuntary attachments.  Examples she gave were garnished wages, attach our checking or savings, and go after our property.

After my wife hung up she called Courtney back to find out what the $400 was going to do and she was told that it was going to save us from garnishes.  My wife said "Oh so if we don't pay you, you will garnish my husbands wages and she told my wife that it was possible and that she has seen it happen to others just like attachments she has seen done to bank accounts.  Her threats were always changing to yes they will or that yes it is possible.

Can they do this and also without my consent were they allowed to discuss this with my wife who by the way is not even on the loan or a reference?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2009 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyndham-Professionals/internet/Wyndham-Professionals-Windham-Professionals-Puts-Family-in-Panic-Internet-493656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyndham Professionals

#1 General Comment

My thoughts/advice

AUTHOR: Jenna p. - (U.S.A.)

I was told by a lawyer that unless you give consent, collectors are not allowed to talk to anyone but you about your debt. Also, you should know that they can't garnish your wages unless they sue you and win. If you tell them not to call you, legally, they can't call you back. I would tell them you won't speak to them unless they provide you with a letter that shows they are permitted to collect on your debt, and you'll go from there. This should get them off you backs for a week or two. If you pay them anything, send a money order. A check will give them a link to your account. Personally, I think "Courtney" was full of it when she said you had $400 on a credit card - she was digging, trying to find a truth she didn't know of! I do think you should listen to the above person and get a credit report though, to be safe.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

yes they can

AUTHOR: just pay your debt okay - (United States of America)

Yes they can talk to the wife when she can verfiy d.o.b. or last four of your social security number according to the state that you live in. Before the accouts get to the collection agency  the loan company informs you that your loans will be placed in default and with a collection agency. The origional lender wants all of the money owed they can allow this company to offer a settlement. Be sure to take care of your loans so that they don't end up in collections in the future. You may want to pull a credit report to see if someone has opened credit cards in your name and also this company probably saw store credit cards if you have those.

dedication