Complaint Review: Wyndham

• Submitted: Sun, March 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, March 11, 2012

• Reported By: John — Erie Colorado United States of America
Wyndham
8427 SouthPark Circle, Suite 500 Orlando, FL 32819 Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Florida United States of America

Wyndham Wyndham Vacation Ownership Don't buy new Points! Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Florida

Lot's of great discussions on this site. I'm a Wyndham owner with 600,000 points. I purchase the first 300,000 because I'm a sucker for a good sales person. We've actually had some great vacations using our points. We also own Starwood, which has much nicer resorts and hotel chains where you can use your points.

I decided to explore selling my Wyndham ownership with one of the "sell your timeshare" services. I listed my timeshare for 3 months at 50% of what I paid for it and there was no takers. I soon realized that it's worth essentially nothing. You're lucky if these services will take it off your hands for free and remove the burden of your maintenance dues. One day whie talking with my listing agent, and grilling him as to why he couldn't sell my time share, he gave me an example of a listing for 300,000 points for $1,000. Yes, no joke, 300,000 points. I said "sold!" the total with closing costs and broker fees was $1,600. Yes, 300,000 Wyndham points for Pagosa Springs ownership, which I can use to book anywhere, for $1,600.

Lesson learned: Never buy a new time share. My advice is to ignore the sales people when you go on a vacation. Don't answer your phone. Just say NO! If you want more points go to one of 20+ resale organizations and find it for free. You will still have to take over the dues, but at least you pay nothing up front!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2012 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyndham/Wyndham-Vacation-Resorts-Florida-32819/Wyndham-Wyndham-Vacation-Ownership-Dont-buy-new-Points-Wyndham-Vacation-Resorts-Florid-852127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyndham