• Report: #319467

Complaint Review: Wyndham

• Submitted: Wed, March 19, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 19, 2008

• Reported By:new york New York
Elks Point Road Zephry Cove, Nevada U.S.A.

I came to Lake Tahoe to go sking and I stayed at the Wyndam in Zephry Cove. I went to the concierge and asked them the best place to get ski rentals. They gave me a list of ski shops to go to and told me they got a discount with them! Right! I went to Power House ski shop and rented very old skiis for ALOT of money!
and I was NOT HAPPY when I found a ski shop right ACROSS THE STREET from the Wydhman for ALOT less money and better equipment! I then looked closely at the flyer I got from Wydhham to go to podwer house and it said I paid 7.75% REF Fee! WTF! Its a refferal fee to the concierge for sending me to this ski shop powder house! I was pissed! I went back to the concierge and he told me "I cant promote the ski shop across the street" for no reason given! I went to the ski shop across from our time share called Sport Rentals and asked
them why the Wyhdham wont recommend them, and I was told because we dont pay them a fee! So to be clear, I paid more for bad eqiupment so the concierge could get paid!!. I took my stuff back to powder house and rented BETTER skis at Sport rentals and saved $32.50!!!! Im not sure why Wyham lets the concierge make money off of the timeshare owners!! I found out all of the concierge's in Lake Tahoe will only send you to shops if they get a kick back!! WTF!! What about the customers getting a better service and better equipment? Are we not important anymore! Im glad I now know to NEVER ask a concierge about anything unless you want to give your wallet Away. Its really not fair to the timeshare owners to get ripped off so they concierge can make a buck and I pay more! Bad for customer relations!!

new york, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2008 05:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyndham/Zephry-Cove-Nevada-89448/WYNDHAM-RESORT-IN-LAKE-TAHOE-ZEPHYR-COVE-NV-CONCIERGES-GET-KICK-BACK-FROM-MY-WALLET-Zeph-319467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyndham