Complaint Review: Wyndham/Fairfield Resorts

• Submitted: Mon, March 17, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 01, 2009

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Wyndham/Fairfield Resorts
265E Harmon Ave Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

WyndhamWyndham/Fairfield Resorts SCAM ARTIST's Contract's BEWARE Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: More info for Nina

*Consumer Suggestion: You have done what you can.

*Consumer Comment: google robert paisola wyndham resorts

I believe this company targets uneducated people, who are easily persuaded...
I attended a seminar at 6pm on the 22Feb08 a Friday, ended up signing a contract at around 10 o clock pm I had been their so long I just wanted to get out off their. I had someone go over the contract with me very fast. Sign here sign here sign here and here. Everything began to speed up after such a slow and long presentation of the vacation ownership experience.

I have a learning disability and after going home and sharing the contract with my mom she told me I have just made a big mistake, and to call them to see if I could get out of the 10 year contract I signed. I called the next day to cancel the contract told my sells person James Bonifer that I was no longer interested in the timeshare and told him not to deposit the two checks I wrote because I had put a stop payment on them. He said that's fine when can I come in and we can come up with something more reasonable..

Long story short the company has gotten my checks, continued to try to deposited the checks and tell me I'm an owner and that there is no way out of this contract. I'm responsible for paying Wyndham $290 a month for the next 10 years of my life. How do I get out of this is their some type of clause for those with disabilities. I work hard for my money at Walter Reed Hospital and can't afford to give it away to a multimillionaire business.

Nina
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2008 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WyndhamFairfield-Resorts/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/WyndhamWyndhamFairfield-Resorts-SCAM-ARTISTs-Contracts-BEWARE-Las-Vegas-Nevada-318551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyndham/Fairfield Resorts

#1 Consumer Suggestion

More info for Nina

AUTHOR: Lolly - (U.S.A.)

This is the Washington DC legal aid Society. They do some pro bono work.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

You have done what you can.

AUTHOR: Lolly - (U.S.A.)

I have read that you have 7 days to cancel and it sounds like you did. If they are telling you otherwise they are lying and you already know that they will lie to you. Your City has a consumer protection agency. Call them for help. You probably don't have to pay Wyndham, but you will need someone to help you refuse their claims.

Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs, Washington D.C.
This is their phone # (202) 442-4400.
This is their website: http://dcra.dc.gov/dcra/site/default.asp
I would call them first though.

google robert paisola wyndham resorts

AUTHOR: Fairfield Wyndham "owner" - (U.S.A.)

try calling make sure you file complains with attorney general and their is a class action going on