Complaint Review: Wynn Warranty

• Submitted: Tue, September 13, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, September 13, 2005

• Reported By:Greenwood Village Colorado
Wynn Warranty
P.O. 2470 Brea, California U.S.A.

Wynn Warranty repeated denial of claims for services required by 3 different dealers, ripoff Brea California

When driving my car the front end makes clunking noises if I hit small bumps, holes, waves or edges in the road. The noise is very loud and sounds unsafe.

Three different BMW certified mechanics of (3) different locations diagnosed the front struts of my 740i 1998 BMW needed to be replaced. I've made three different attempts beginning in July to get this problem resolved by Wynn.

Two inspectors hired by Wynn declined road test(s) with the Murray Motor's technician(s). This is the only way one would be able to hear the problem. This was also the second refusal in a three month period. The previous time the inspector said the problem "isn't bad enough yet." As you can imagine the problem is getting worse.

After two weeks of sitting in the shop waiting for the inspector to show we received a denial on the right front strut, yet an approval on the left front strut. Mac, the supervisor at Wynn, said, "there is no way of us knowing what the clunking is." Yet, he went ahead and approved one of the two struts.

He also stated, "You haven't demonstrated part failure." We sat with our service advisor, John, of Murray Motors, for 1.2 hrs. on speaker phone and mostly hold with Mac from Wynn. Mac was very combative, confrontational and couldn't stay on topic. His explanations of the denials of this claim were all over the board.

My car is now at Murray Motors getting the left strut covered under warranty. Since the right one needs to be replaced too, but is being refused by Wynn I must pick up the costs out-of-pocket.

This is the short version of the story and I am ticked off! I would never/ever recommend Wynn to anyone I liked.

Greenwood Village, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2005 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wynn-Warranty/Brea-California-92822/Wynn-Warranty-repeated-denial-of-claims-for-services-required-by-3-different-dealers-ripo-156972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wynn Warranty