Complaint Review: Wynn's Extended Warranty Care

• Submitted: Sat, May 29, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, May 29, 2010

• Reported By: Chrysler Sebring — Grand Rapids Michigan United States of America
Wynn's Extended Warranty Care

Wynn's Extended Warranty Care Timing Belt Broken, wynn Claims Timin belt should have been replaced before 120,000 miles Internet

I purchased a 2003 Chrysler Sebring from a used car dealer who pushed the purchase of an extended car warranty.  Wynn's was the company and I bought the top package that claimed to cover brakes, engine, etc. I purchased the vehicle in September, 2009.  In May, 2010, the starter went out and I needed brake work.  I took my car to a licensed mechanic as they suggested and was told that I had to pay a deductible of $100.00 and that the only thing they would cover for the brakes is the hydraulics.  My starter was replaced.  On May 25, 2010, my timing belt broke on the highway.  I had the car towed home some 81 miles and left at the same repair shop because they were familiar with the warranty.  After doing some checking, the repair shop contacted Wynn's and was told that a timing belt replacement is considered routine maintenance and that according to the manufacturer it should have been replaced at 120,000 miles.  They also told them that they would not pay for the repair.  I was then contacted by the repair shop and given this same information.  I called Wynn's and talked to a Michael who told me that I should have read the contract and yes if the belt had not been replaced at 120,000 miles by me, that they would pay to have my engine replaced or for the repair.  He was even able to quickly rattle off what the mileage was when I purchased the car of 111,000 miles.  The car currently has 125,000 miles on it and it otherwise worth repairing.  I am devastated because I have live and work 300 miles from where the car broke down, recently lost my home because my landlord went into foreclosure, am commuting until I can move to another place, spending 30.00 or more in gas per day, am currently behind on the car payment and had to quit my job because I can't get there.  I was doing all of the extra driving because my mother has pancreatic cancer, now I have no transportation and no job.  It was suggested to me  that I try to sue Wynn's but how do I go about that.  I can't really afford to get the car repaired but I would still be liable for the car note also if I don't and its eventually repossed.  I feel that I was basically ripped off; that $1,500.00 is part of my car note too!  I have not had the car a year and only put 14,000 of those miles on it.  The repair shop suggested that I sue also because I had no way of knowing that the previous owner had not kept up the maintenance.  I had problems with the car overheating the first week because whoever checked it over before they put the car on the lot did not replace a fuse that would allow the enging fan to run properly.  Other than the starter, I have not had any problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2010 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wynns-Extended-Warranty-Care/internet/Wynns-Extended-Warranty-Care-Timing-Belt-Broken-wynn-Claims-Timin-belt-should-have-been-608377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wynn's Extended Warranty Care