Complaint Review: Wynns Warranty

• Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 06, 2008

• Reported By:schenectady New York
Wynns Warranty
California Albany, New York U.S.A.

Wynns Warranty Is An Expensive Worthless Piece Of Paper They authorized tear down to find problem. Then said part wasnt covered and I had to pay for tear down and rebuild Albany, New York

My car had a strong antifreeze smell, so I took to my mechanic. He says it looks and sounds like a blown head gasket. We call wynns and they say all gaskets are covered under my warranty go ahead and tear it down, we will send our adjuster over.( we had e-mailed pics of the engine to them as they requested) As the mechanic is taking everything apart a bolt breaks, the adjuster gets there and says that the problem was caused by the broken bolt. We tell him the bolt was broken when taking car apart and that the gasket was bad and needed to be replaced. He tells wynns this so now they pay for nothing.

So I now get stuck with a bill that is $1300.

i paid almost 1600 for this warranty and the car has been in the shop at least 6 times. They have not paid out 1 cent for any repairs that have needed to be done. They always find a reason to get out of paying for your repairs.

These people need to be put out of business.

Dodgeguykev
schenectady, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wynns-Warranty/Albany-New-York-12306/Wynns-Warranty-Is-An-Expensive-Worthless-Piece-Of-Paper-They-authorized-tear-down-to-find-315530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wynns Warranty