Complaint Review: WyoTech

• Submitted: Tue, February 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 10, 2010

• Reported By:utica Michigan
WyoTech
500 Innovation Drive Blairsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

WyoTech Total rip off, don't believe recriuter or the televison commercials. Blairsville Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: WyoTech

I cannot find a college that will take these credits, and when I drop off my resume to a potential employer, the usual response is "who is this WyoTech? Where are they? I never heard of them."

The job placement staff isn't great, either. They write a resume for you and mine was full of errors. After graduating, I asked for help finding a job. I was refereed to a website called simplyhired.com. I guess that is the life long support that the job placement promises.

Thanks, J

Justin
utica, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 11:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WyoTech/Blairsville-Pennsylvania-48317/WyoTech-Total-rip-off-dont-believe-recriuter-or-the-televison-commercials-Blairsville-234789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WyoTech

WyoTech

AUTHOR: j - (USA)

The recruiter was "misleading", telling me that I would earn credit that would be able to transfer to a real school if a later date I decided to continue my schooling, and that WyoTech had a good reputation in the auto industry. I have not found a college that will take these credits, and when I drop off my resume to a potential employer, the usual response is "who is this WyoTech? Where are they? I never heard of them." The school doesn't even include textbooks with its program, just copies of copies of copies of poorly written and illustrated hand out packets". These packets do not make sense outside of the class, so they can't be used as reference material. There are too many students in the classes. You get very little actual hands on instruction The job placement staff isn't great, either. They write a resume for you and mine had errors. After graduating, I asked for help finding a job. I was referred to a website called simplyhired.com. I guess that is the life long support that the job placement promises. I have expressed my dissatisfaction with the school, and all the Wyotech employees give short, (well practiced?) dismissive answers. They are a business (remember all those television commercials?), in this case a school selling a product- an education. The difference between WyoTech and other businesses is they can blame the customer for failure of there product- you have no legal recourse for product dissatisfaction. My advice to anyone looking to become an automotive tech, or wanting to receive any other type of technical education (including fabrication and welding) is to go to a local community college. Talk to a potential employer. I worked with 3 guys that went to a dealership, started as a lube tech-where you probably would start with a WyoTech education- and in 2 years were certified technicians- and they saved 20,000 dollars. Employers at dealerships and repair shops seem most interested in your ASE or state certifications. Not one potential employer I talked to cared about what I did at WyoTech. If anyone reads this, please don't make the same mistake I did. You don't need (or want) Wyotech to get anywhere. I feel like a fool for trusting them and not doing more homework on my decision on attending WyoTech. Thanks,

j