Complaint Review: Wyotech

• Reported By: Neil — Fenton Michigan United States of America
Wyotech
500 Innovation Dr. Blairsville, Pennsylvania United States of America

Wyotech Wyoming Tech. Inst. Complete scam Blairsville, Pennsylvania

I graduated from Wyotech, Blairsville in December of 2007. I studied Heavy Diesel and Chassis Fabrication. The experience was great, I met a lot of cool people and had a great time. It wasn't until I tried to find a job that I realized I just wasted nine months and $20K. While I was still enrolled, I spent as much time as I could in the career services office... sending out resumes, making phone calls to companies and it got me nowhere. Not a single company in the Wyotech directory had ever heard of the school. After I graduated, it took three months and I had to re-locate to get a job. As soon as I was off campus the only help I got was a website, Indeed.com. The first day on the job, the shop boss told me to forget everything I was taught. In the first week I realized everything I was taught was either the more time consuming way or just the absolute wrong way to complete a task. Later I found out the reason I was hired was my age, attitude and the fact that I had the tools the do the work... Wyotech had nothing to do with it.

I've kept in touch with a few of the people I graduated with and I've been told similar stories. If you have the mechanical ability, take the money you plan on spending on Wyotech and go buy yourself a good set of tools and start out working in the grease pit or as a tire b***h and work your way up from there. To be honest, that's where you're going to start out anyways. Best thing to do, go to a garage and talk to the mechanics. They'll point you into the right direction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2011 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyotech/Blairsville-Pennsylvania-15717/Wyotech-Wyoming-Tech-Inst-Complete-scam-Blairsville-Pennsylvania-710385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyotech