Complaint Review: Wyotech

• Updated: Tue, June 08, 2010

• Reported By: Michael — Sacramento California United States of America
Wyotech
980 Riverside Parkway West Sacramento, California United States of America

Wyotech 980 Riverside Parkway You would since I'm an Army vet, Gi Bill would cover school. Not with Wyotech. West Sacramento, California

*General Comment: you must be stupid

*Consumer Comment: No pay for free

If you want a sleazy, tell them what they want to hear experience, then look no further!  Wyotech is as low as they go.  This is coming from an honorably discharged combat veteran that some how owes this "school" almost a thousand dollars.

Now first off, I have over 40 grand left on my G.I. Bill.  $40,000!!!  But here's the small print that they won't tell you about.  After the third day of going through our syllabus (which basically consists of a "teacher" explaining all the ways your average can go down that are not academically related) I decided that this experience was not for me.  One of the biggest issues that this "teacher" harped on was attendance.  Being late, no show, etc...I don't remember exactly how many absences were necessary to be dropped but from the program but it wasn't many.  Maybe two days?  Maybe three?  In any case, I only attended this school for three days.

Now the small print.

After those three or so days, you are dropped at the class room level.  But apparently their roll call roster is not sufficient to inform school employees of a student being dropped.  If the student doesn't break it down to the staff at a third grade level, they will charge you.

And here's the infuriating part.  I don't collect any G.I. Bill money unless I attend a school for over thirty days.  So no thirty days, no money.  This was something that I was well aware of.  I was not, however, aware that they were "loaning" me money that I obviously didn't need.

So after spending about 15 minutes on the phone with these people I was informed that I have to pay the thousand dollars(out of my own pocket) or it goes on my credit report in an ever so polite way.  I then asked why would I pay that out of pocket when I've got G.I. Bill money that they can take?  Oh!  But the G.I. Bill goes directly to me and then I have to pay this loan back.

So in short, unless you are a lawyer.  A law school student.  Or are very good friends with a very good lawyer who can weed through all the nonsense, stay away from this sham!!!!!  Especially if you're a vet!!!  When I think of Wyotech all I can imagine is a used car salesman who sells drugs to kids and doesn't pay his taxes.  Seriously.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyotech/West-Sacramento-California-95605/Wyotech-980-Riverside-Parkway-You-would-since-Im-an-Army-vet-Gi-Bill-would-cover-school-539255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyotech

#1 General Comment

you must be stupid

AUTHOR: crowley - ()

clearly your a dipsh*t.if you knew you would collect after 30days why not stay then turn around and pay that off...you dont need to be lawyer or law student to realize your just an idiot who cant follow threw.

No pay for free

AUTHOR: bagbobnchop - (United States of America)

Well yeah, the VA isn't going to pay you for not going to school.  This is the second time I've used the GI Bill, it pays you for how many hours you attend.  You don't get pre-paid for work you haven't done yet right?  Same thing.  If you were aware of it why are you complaining about it.