Complaint Review: Wyzant

• Submitted: Sun, November 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, November 11, 2012

• Reported By: Britt S — lombard Illinois United States of America
Wyzant

Wyzant Scam artists that steal almost half your earnings, then kick you off the site for no reason Internet

These deceptive snakes have absolutely no morals whatsoever. They don't just steal from people- they steal from usually unemployed students who are trying to make a little money to survive. Once you sign up, they give you ridiculously easy tests on any subject you want, where it is unbelievably easy to simply look up the answers online, and if you get some incredibly low score, like a 50% or higher, you're considered "certified". So there's the number one reason students looking for a tutor should NEVER use this site.

As for tutors, this scam site will take 40% of your earnings from all of your tutoring jobs through the site and encourage you to pay for your own background check. Well, I wouldn't have dared give them another dime for any reason, but I've heard numerous complaints from others who DID pay for their own background check, after which they were promptly kicked off the site for no reason- and wyzant, of course, kept the background check fee, which is NOT low. I entered my payment info to receive direct deposit, then went out on my first tutoring job. When I got home, I finalized the session so I could receive payment. Two hours later I received an email saying I "violated policies" and my account was deactivated. No explanation why (because they dont have one- I did not violate any policy), no information on how I was going to be paid and IF I was still going to be paid, nothing. I go to the site to log in and my account cannot be signed into, so I have no way of knowing if the session was finalized, if the student verified, and if and when I will be getting my money. I have no doubt these criminals will make up some crap like "you violated policy so we took your money", and I will never see the miniscule amount I made tutoring today. There are so many sites that are WAY better and more moral than this one. This is by far the worst way to go about tutoring out there, bar none. I am going to back to posting fliers around my school so I can actually RECEIVE the money I earn tutoring.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2012 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyzant/internet/Wyzant-Scam-artists-that-steal-almost-half-your-earnings-then-kick-you-off-the-site-for-967790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyzant