Complaint Review: X-Technology

• Submitted: Tue, March 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 08, 2005

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
X-Technology
www.xtechnology.com/ Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

X-Technology ripoff Cleveland Ohio

I purchased a laptop that I thought was a great deal. I paid over 1600.00 for an inferior product that is essentially a glorified doorstop. I thought I was pretty savvy and did some research on this company. At the time, there wasn't much negative on this company, I even went to the BBB site to check them out.

To make a long story short, the laptop essentially overheated and melted. I am a professional photographer and needed this unit to work as I was onsight shooting and downloading. The AC adapter wouldn't work, smelled funny and overheated. I spent 90.00 for a temporary fix to get through the shoot, which I called customer service /warranty BEFORE to make sure my warranty was covered. "Oh sure, do what you have to do, and then send it back to us."

Well, I did just that, shipped back computer at my expense only to be told that the back was opened and the warranty wouldn't be covered. Well, duh, I called you about that. They would not even deal with me after that. This unit was about 3 months old, by the way.

A very Loud fan, very warm external battery and well you get the jest. I just want to warn other people and maybe law enforcement to do something about this company. I am an online seller so I know what it takes to keep customers happy and I do not sell inferior products.

Maybe we could do a class action suit against the Crooks.

I have since given the doorstop to a computer expert and he said there is no way to make this work. It is fried and yes, a doorstop is about all that this 1600.00 (Plus shipping Plus temporary fix ++++ laptop is.

Buyer Beware and don't be a fool, I was...never again.

Kathleen
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2005 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/X-Technology/Cleveland-Ohio-44128/X-Technology-ripoff-Cleveland-Ohio-134235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on X-Technology