Complaint Review: X10.com

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2001
  • Updated: Thu, October 23, 2003

• Reported By:Ypsilanti MI
X10.com
15200 52nd Ave S Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

X10.com spamming

*Consumer Comment: Not what Adam Smith had in mind. ..doesn't pay its bills

*UPDATE Employee: Advertising From X10

We've all seen them.. you're surfing yahoo or your favorite web site, minding your own business.. when you're finished you close the window only to find an ad behind the browser with a scantily clad woman advertising a wireless camera with the words 'X10' on it. These "pop-under" ads are SOOOOO ANNOYING. They have a place on their web site where you can download a cookie which will supposedly stop the ads from popping up for 30 days... I did it many times and it doesn't even work! I went to another site less than an hour after d/ling the cookie and whaddaya know?? Another pretty lady pops up trying to sell me the d**n wireless camera.

So I did what any rational person would do.. I went the their customer support area and complained about it. They basically sent me an automated response telling me there was a cookie available to download which will stop the ads (duh...). Now today I am getting marketing e-mails from them! They subscribed me to their mailing list just for providing feedback on their stupid ads! Now they are sending me 3 or 4 e-mails a day advertising this stupid camera! I clicked the unsubscribe link and it said it will take a business day so we will see if I stop receiving them tomorrow or the day after... God I hate companies like this. They have no marketing ethics, and no idea what it means to get on a potential customer's good side.. get a clue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/X10com/Seattle-Washington/X10com-spamming-5903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on X10.com

Not what Adam Smith had in mind. ..doesn't pay its bills

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

The company apparently doesn't pay its bills either. I saw a story on cnn.com about it.

YORBA LINDA, California (AP) -- Three brothers were awarded $4.3 million -- and stand to win more in punitive damages -- after accusing X10 Wireless Technology of trying to bully them out of business.

Advertising From X10

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

The Ads from X10 are only activated when you visit a site that has a relationship with X10.
We do not sign you up if you email our support group, we will inform you as to how to stop the ads for 30 days. This does work but you can not have your browser set to auto delete cookies. If you delete your cookies, you then you delete our cookie that stops the Ad.

Our support group is always willing to assist even with the stopping of our ads. Should you be on the mailing list there is an option to remove from our website as well as the option to call us and have us do the hard work for you.

This is not the intention of X10 to upset the consumer base as I am sure is the case with all other forms of advertisement. We seek to have the consumer notice us.