Complaint Review: XCel Fitness

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Sara — Portland Oregon United States of America
XCel Fitness
2410 Twin Knolls Drive Bend, Oregon United States of America

XCel Fitness National Fitness I belonged to this club for 6 years, paying early every time except in Jan. 2013 when I paid exactly on the due date. Without my permission, they charged my Visa and got a double payment that month. Bend, Oregon

I joined Aspire Health & Fitness  on 6/1/07 and went to a month to month basis one year after that. The original contract expired after one year and I never signed another contract.The fitness center changed ownership and names  several times and the name at this time is EXCEL.For every month, for 51/2 years I paid the monthly dues early. In January 2013, I was out of the country, but I paid the dues on the due date, which I was told was the 5th. In spite of that, the second week of January I received a charge on my VISA by EXEL fitness for the dues I already paid. When I asked them why my VISA was charged, without my permission, they got nasty and basically told me tough. If I didn't want my VISA charged I had to pay early. I asked for the overcharge to be payed back to me and again they gave me the run-a-round.

At that point I told them I wanted to quit but was told that there was nothing they could do to help me. I had to call National Fitness in Layton, UT. They also told me that I had to pay more money because I didn't give them a 30 days notice. I called National Fitness for several days but no one was there. At this point I went on line and read other people's negative reports about this organization. I have sent a certified letter to National Fitness, POBox 497, Layton, UT 84041-0497 telling them that I have quit and want to be taken off of their records.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XCel-Fitness/Bend-Oregon-97701/XCel-Fitness-National-Fitness-I-belonged-to-this-club-for-6-years-paying-early-every-ti-999953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XCel Fitness