Complaint Review: XFX Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, August 04, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2014

• Reported By: Jon Williams — Austin Texas
XFX Inc.
Unit A, 32/F @CONVOY, 169 Electric Road, N. Point Internet China

XFX Inc. Also Known As PINE Technology Holdings Limited, Refuse To Honor Their Warranty As Stated On Their Website! Hong Kong Internet

*Author of original report: XFX finally made good on their warranty.

*Author of original report: I contacted XFX on facebook and was told that I am being entirely unreasonable.

On December 7, 2012 I purchased a XFX HD 6870 computer graphics card that came with a lifetime warranty. Recently the graphics card failed so I returned the it to the manufacturer after setting up an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) online.

On Monday, July 21. 2014 I notified XFX that I had returned the XFX HD 6870 mid range graphics card graphics card and that it had been delivered the previous Thursday, July 17, 2014. On July 23,2014 I checked the XFX RMA status online and it showed that I would receive a HD 7850 model graphics card. The card that I would be receiving is a downgraded model and is described as a "Entry Level" graphics card on http://www.legitreviews.com/xfx-radeon-hd-7850-1gb-core-edition-video-card-review_2048

On July 24, 2014 I inquired about this and on July 25, 2014 I was told by XFX Agent Michael, that it is compatable with the more expensive model that I had sent back. [continued below]....

..... I promptly requested a 7870 graphics card and the request was refused by Michael, who stated the following: Hi the 6870 equivalent is the FX 7850, there is no way we would upgrade you to something like the 7870. The 7850 is an upgrade from any HD 6870 we have ever made, even the black edition models.

On July 28, 2014 I received the replacement graphics card from XFX and to my utter disappointment the graphics card that I was sent was a "damaged" refurbished unit that was clearly abused either by the previous owner or while at XFX which was evident by the very visible dings and scratches all over the graphics card. I immediately contacted XFX and provided pictures of the damaged graphics card they had sent and I requested that a new card be sent out as a replacement and I also requested that they pay shipping since the card I received as a replacement was damaged and because I had already paid to send the original purchased graphics card back.

On July 30, 2014 Mark, an agent at XFX said the following: I can offer to RMA it again, but I cant prepay the shipping for non-faulty units. Cosmetic issues on refurbished cards, although rare, are not considered faulty. I can offer to RMA the card as i mentioned, the replacement would go back to a 6870, or just another 7850 of the same batch... It would be of similar quality. We simply dont replace faulty units with units we can sell (new in box).

I went to the XFX website and it clearly states the following:

What will XFX do?

During the duration of the limited hardware warranty, XFX or its authorized representative will repair any XFX-branded hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If XFX or its authorized representative is not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.

It is now August 4, 2014 and I have not heard anything back from XFX on this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2014 04:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XFX-Inc/internet/XFX-Inc-Also-Known-As-PINE-Technology-Holdings-Limited-Refuse-To-Honor-Their-Warranty-A-1167151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XFX Inc.

XFX finally made good on their warranty.

AUTHOR: Jon Williams - ()

XFX finally made good on their warranty and replaced the damaged refurbished graphics card they sent me as a replacement for the original card with a new in box upgrade BUT only after exposing them on facebook and twitter! If you are still having problems with getting service from them I highly recommend making your case known on the social media websites!!! It worked for me but only after a month of back and forth arguing and multiple rude tech support agents.

I contacted XFX on facebook and was told that I am being entirely unreasonable.

AUTHOR: Jon Williams - ()

So I contacted XFX on facebook and this was their response:

XFX Europe responds claiming I made false accusations.