Complaint Review: XLibris

• Reported By: anonymous — New Mexico United States of America
XLibris
1663 Liberty Drive Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

XLibris they want money to fix their mistakes! Bloomington, Indiana

I'm just trying to get my book published. I would use Lulu, but I'm not technically proficient enough.

I paid these people at Xlibris, who are supposedly independent publishers, to publish a children's book.  They offered a "deep discount."  (red flag #1)

So I sent them the text and illustrations, they emailed me back the galleys, and the text was pretty much unreadable. Parts of words were missing, the misspellings were numerous,  (yu instead of you, for example) just crazy, like the person copying my text had never heard of something called English.

So far, I have sent them four sets of "corrections," twice through regular mail, since they claim they couldn't read the first set I sent them. They claimed the envelope was wet, so the writing was illegible. Like they would know from illegible!

Now, they want more money for the "corrections."  I emailed three separate people there, informing them that there are no "corrections,"  they just need to fix their mangling of the text I sent them, and that I absolutely will not be swindled out of any more money. I told them they need to send the correct galleys with the words I wrote spelled correctly in a timely manner, or I will be forced to seek legal action.

Anyone who's dealt with these people please let me know how it turned out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XLibris/Bloomington-Indiana-/XLibris-they-want-money-to-fix-their-mistakes-Bloomington-Indiana-948591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XLibris