Complaint Review: XLibris

• Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Whiting New Jersey United States of America
XLibris
1663. Liberty Drive Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

XLibris Took money multiple times for marketing scams and website and generated 0 book sales Bloomington, Indiana

I hired XLibris to self publish my book. That part was okay, however, then they started pushing their marketing campaigns. They convinced me 3 different times to pay for marketing campaigns which they claimed were always very successful in promoting book sales. I spent over $10,000.00 on their campaigns and they never sold one book. In fact every book ever sold was due to my own efforts.

The first campaign was supposedly to have my book featured at a national book expo. Not one sale.

The second campaign was internet marketing to over 1 million people who showed interest in my category.

The third campaign was supposedly a newspaper & magazine advertising deal with them physically contacting book stores like Barnes and noble and actually placing my books in their stores with a return policy if they couldn't sell them.

In addition, when the website came up for renewal, they never notified me, and then when I realized it was due, they told me I missed the deadline for renewal, and then instead of charging me the normal $79 or $89.00 to renew, they wanted to rip me off for over $300.00.

They keep contacting me to spen more money marketing, and they keep assuring me that the new marketing techniques will definitely imporve my book sales. (Same as they had done the previous 3 times). I told them they were lying, and that the money I spent the 3 previous time produced nothing. Then, once again they assured me that it would work. I asked the question "If you are so sure this will work, why did you charge me over $10,000.00 for 3 other campaigns that didn't? Why didn't you offer me this one first?"

Obviously this was another scam to get money from me. I told them that 3 strikes and then they were out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XLibris/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/XLibris-Took-money-multiple-times-for-marketing-scams-and-website-and-generated-0-book-sa-929356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XLibris