Complaint Review: XM Labs

• Updated: Thu, September 10, 2009

• Reported By: Lotus — Islip New York USA
XM Labs
3609 North 29th Ave Hollywood, Florida United States of America

XM Labs got my free tial- Canceled right away.then received another pkg a week later- Refused it-they received pkg & still charged me 139.97Disputed 2 CC company-got cr 4 only $76.97disputed bal$63 & no good. I'm always a smart Shopper but I have to admit that foolishly I fell for this one, What a rip off! Hollywood, Florida

I kick myself in the butt for falling into this scam. I signed up for a free trial with XM Labs for their Acai pills for weight loss. As soon as received it, I had a bad feeling and decided not to use it and called them for cancelations and they never gave ma any confirmation # or anything.  That was only a day after I got it and I believe I had like a 10 days within my trial period to cancel.

Few days later to my surprise I found online that I got charged for $139.97 on my credit card. I went crazy that they charged me for the next shipment that wasn't supposed to be shipped right away till especially during my trial period.  I called my Credit Card company and disputed the charges.

A week later I received the unauthorized second shippment via UPS and I refused it, and it went back to them.

A couple of weeks later or so, I found that I got credit for only $76.97. Again, I called my credit card company right a way and they re-opened the dispute again for the balance of $63. ]

To my shocking surprise today, I received a letter from my credit card company informing me that the XM Labs claims that they charged me a 45% restocking fee.  They suggested that " Direct discussions with merchants can sometimes influence decisions/negotiations in consumer's favor"
Are you kidding me! Not with this rip off company.. I think this is how they make money ripping off people.. I never heard of a 45% restocking fee.

I never read on their ad on their website of this restocking fee. Besides I only signed up for the free tiral and only paid $1 which was in my case for shipping. So, I never authorized any further payments especially that I canceled already withing the first day I got it.

Upon my credit card company's recommendation, I decided today to call them again.
They told me that I was lucky to get my refund back.. I said but I didn't get my refund back only partial and you owe me still $63. They explained the rediculous restocking fee rip off business and they said that I didn't cancel it within 10 days..
I said I did cancel within 1 day from receiving it. but I guess this is their game.. They send you the product after 10 days so there's no way you can cancel. I'm also filling a claim with the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2009 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Labs/Hollywood-Florida-33020/XM-Labs-got-my-free-tial-Canceled-right-awaythen-received-another-pkg-a-week-later-Refu-492914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Labs