Complaint Review: XM RADIO Inc

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
XM RADIO Inc
500 Eckington Pl. NE Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

XM RADIO; XM RADIO Inc ONLINE LISTENING DISABLED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION AFTER TERM INCENTIVE WAS OFFERED AND ACCEPTED Washington District of Columbia

XM Radio subscribers beware:

Similar to a previous filer, I upgraded my XM Radio subscription in order to keep using the "listen online" feature (otherwise known as: XMRO).

I upgraded during Feb. 09. On that day, I logged in to make my quarterly payment and I noticed a informational post that stated free XMRO service would be discontinued soon. Listeners were encouraged to sign up for extended terms before a given date in order to retain access to this free feature. I decided to upgrade from "XM Everything" to a full year subscription (paid in advance) of "XM Everything XMRO" - just so I could keep XMRO through Feb. 2010.

I don't always use this service but in April (this month) I tried to use it a few times before finally calling XM for tech support. The CSR explained to me that I did not have service, that the free service was discontinued for all users (except those paying $299 or more) on March 11. I told them I had paid to continue this feature. We went back and forth - as I, in disbelief kept repeating the same comments about "How can you cut this off without notifying me?", "I would not have paid for a year otherwise", etc. The customer service rep was stonewalling me until I stated to him in plain and uncertain terms that it was advertised on their website that subscriptions including XMRO would be valid until the next renewal. To not provide the service after advertising that incentive to extend your service would constitute False Advertising. I asked for the name and address of the appropriate management so I could file a complaint; I told the rep that if he could not provide this information that I would be contacting the Dept of Consumer Affairs (and I was not kidding). That seemed to get his attention and he returned with approval to re-instate the service labeled now as "Premium Package".

A few things that the rep said confused and concerned me. He made some mention about how when everything switched over it was too difficult to determine/sort out which subscribers wanted to continue (paid) and who did not and I told him outright "Isn't that your job?"... After all, you have to give the customers what they have paid for. Later, towards the end of our conversation he used the work "accidentally" and I don't know whether this meant that there was an internal snafu or he was trying to cover some previous comment.

I will try to log into my account to verify that XMRO is up an running again, as they promised. I would encourage EVERYONE who may be in a similar situation to be relentless in demanding satisfaction; people must receive the services they were led to believe that they had purchased and would have access to.

I wish I didn't enjoy my XM Radio so much becuase nothing would please me more than to take my business elsewhere.

Xmradio Listener
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-RADIO-Inc/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20002/XM-RADIO-XM-RADIO-Inc-ONLINE-LISTENING-DISABLED-WITHOUT-NOTIFICATION-AFTER-TERM-INCENTIVE-443642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM RADIO Inc