Complaint Review: XM Radio Collection Agy

• Updated: Sun, October 24, 2010

• Reported By: doggydan — Ambler Pennsylvania United States of America
XM Radio Collection Agy
700 LongwaterDr Norwell, Massachusetts United States of America

XM Radio Collection Agy EOS CCA, You are 'Goniffs" (Thieves) I don't owe you a dime! Norwell, Massachusetts

*Consumer Suggestion: I suggest you educate yourself on collections law and the FTC

*Consumer Comment: EOS CCA IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION

*Consumer Comment: EOS CCA IMPORTANT CONTACT INFO

Yoohoo!!! This is the last time I am going to say this!

I do not owe you folks a dime!  As stated to your numerous collectors, including the very rude dame who tried to coerce me into paying you money I do not owe.  I should have reported her.

About 2 years ago, I received a call from one of the XM salespeople offering me a one year deal for about $170 for a year.  I accepted that deal along with the additional deal he offered that for a sum of $199, I would get both my XM receivers for a year with no other billings until my contract was up.  XM would not automatically renew my agreement and charge my credit card without my consent.

When my contract was up, I no longer used my XM and saw no need to re-authorize the charges.  It was at some point later, I noticed XM was charging me $40 a quarter for the second radio.  When a salesperson called me to renew again; I brought that to the attention of the salesperson and they said they would correct the error.  I expected to see a credit of the $40 charged me each quarter that would not the deal I agreed to with the original salesperson.  I did expect to see the $20 charged to my card.

With regard to the fact that you (XM) elected to continue sending the signal to my receiver, as some scheme to keep me as a customer that is/was an internal marketing decision to which I was not a party.

You cannot even attempt to collect this, and you should be fined by the FTC for violating the law.  If you send me something I did not order, (whether I used it or not is not material to the issue) it is against the law to attempt to collect money you would have collected had I ordered same.

Therefore, you are hereby noticed I do not owe this money.  I further notice you to remove any deleterious comments you might have sent to any credit reporting companies or others requesting such comment.  And further command you to cease and desist any efforts in this matter.

By way of copy, I am sending this to the FTC for any actions they deem appropriate for these scurrilous activities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2010 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio-Collection-Agy/Norwell-Massachusetts-026-061/XM-Radio-Collection-Agy-EOS-CCA-You-are-Goniffs-Thieves-I-dont-owe-you-a-dime-Norw-556330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio Collection Agy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I suggest you educate yourself on collections law and the FTC

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You need to understand that the FTC does NOT do ANY "enforcement" of collections laws, nor do they represent any INDIVIDUAL in any matter.

In order to get representation under the FDCPA or any other FTC rules, YOU need to bring the specific action in a court of law, at your own expense.

Sending your complaint to the FTC will only bring a form letter / generic response, and your complaint will be archived for possible future use by other government agencies, etc.

The collection agency is a separate entity from the debt collectors you mentioned. The debt collectors do not care what problem you have with XM, or anyone else. They are NOT customer service. They can't help you resolve billing disputes.

You should have worked more aggressively in dealing with the billing issues you had with XM, and then you would have never had to deal with debt collectors.

Nobody is going to take care of this for you. And it won't go away by ignoring it. Learn how to separate your issues, and deal with them in the appropriate manner to avoid problems.

EOS CCA IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION

AUTHOR: Chris - (USA)

Kristen Santos

Director of Operations

+1.866.812.4222

kristen.santos@eos-cca.com

keep leaving this lady a ton of emails and phone messages .. I bet your problems go away rather quickly

~ Chris

EOS CCA IMPORTANT CONTACT INFO

AUTHOR: Chris - (USA)

Kristen Santos

Director of Operations

+1.866.812.4222

kristen.santos@eos-cca.com

keep leaving this lady messages and your complaints through emails and calls  and I bet all your problems go away ... She is  soooo waiting for your call

~ Chris