Complaint Review: XM Radio

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:Mineville New York
XM Radio
P.O. Box 33174 Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

XM Radio A Ripoff If There Ever Was One! Detroit Michigan

XM was an option in my 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS, so I had it activated after the free trial period ended. I received bills on a timely basis, but it seemed like I was getting a bill every couple of weeks. So I called their so-called customer care, which much to my dissatisfaction was a call center in India. They barely spoke english and kept hanging up when i asked to speak to either someone who spoke english well enough to be understood or be connected back to someone in the United States.

After six tries, I got someone who spoke english well enough to be understood and they said they would clear it up and it was just a billing error. So, the summer went by and they had stopped the triple billing. I called in early November to have the XM service interrupted as I put my Cobalt in storage for winter. It doesn't get driven from November to mid-April. Again, I went through the same dog and pony show, getting hung up on seven times this occurence. Finally, again, i got someone who spoke english. As I had just paid my bill the week before, there would be none coming until I started the service again in the spring.

I figured all was well and good. December came and I got a bill. End of December, another bill. I called and was told to ignore them. January, another bill. End of January, yet another bill... I was getting frustrated at this point. Again, I was told to ignore them. So I did. February comes, and yet, yup you guessed it, another bill from XM. So now, we're into March and I get a nasty bill from a collection agent for $27.90! For what???? So I call, their so-called customer care, FUMING... The same routine, hung up on three times. Fourth time I got someone... they listened to my issue and hung up on me. Fifth call, and twenty minutes of waiting of how valued a customer I was, I finally got someone on the phone, told them my problem so they put me on hold for 15 minutes... get back to me, tell me to wait again, another 10 minutes on hold and then tell me that it was a clerical error and that I should disregard it.

And I just got a bill for $41.90... it has all these stupid charges on it.
This is not what I signed up for.

These people are incompetent stooges. They have outsourced jobs that could've stayed right here in the United States. Their billing is a sham. Their customer service is a joke. Is it no wonder that despite their mergine, Sirius-XM's stock is worthless.

As where i live is a radio wasteland, i figured that XM would be a nice alternative to having to listen to CD's/iPod all the time... wrong answer!

Scott
Mineville, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio/Detroit-Michigan-48232/XM-Radio-A-Ripoff-If-There-Ever-Was-One-Detroit-Michigan-452130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio