Complaint Review: XM Radio

• Submitted: Sat, March 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 22, 2009

• Reported By:Baton Rouge Louisiana
XM Radio
P.O. Box 33174 Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

XM Radio Service renewal SCAM Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: XM Customer service is 0 on a scale of 1 - 10

I am a fairly new subscriber to XM radio. I enjoy the service but their customer service is a joke. Shortly after subscribing I signed up for the XM online service which at the time was free. A few weeks later they say they will have to start charging for the service but If I renew my XM service I will continue to get the online music for free until the end of my renewal. They had a deadline of 3/10/2009 to make the service renewal. Like a sucker I renewed my service on 3/6/2009 adding one year to my account.

On March 11 when I attempted to log-in to listen to some music, I received a message telling me my on-line account had been deactivated. In order to reactivate I had to pay for $5.02 for 3 months service. I fully complied with the terms of the free music offer and XM chose not to honor it. Phone calls and Emails to customer service are a total waste of time as they are nasty, rude and refuse to address the billing issue and the fact they ripped me off. Its no wonder these people are in financial trouble.

James
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2009 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio/Detroit-Michigan-48232/XM-Radio-Service-renewal-SCAM-Detroit-Michigan-436212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio

XM Customer service is 0 on a scale of 1 - 10

AUTHOR: Tjermain78 - (U.S.A.)

I too have been a victim of XM customer ervice. It all started when I first subscribed. I called to subscribe and told them I wanted to start with the monthly plan and the rep, (who had absolutely zero personality) stated thats what I would be recieving. I checked my account the next day and they had taken out over 38 dollars for a quarterly subscription. I didnt complain at that time.

Once my service was due again, I was contacted by an outside billing company by mail. I called them to renew my subscription and told them that I only wantedto pay for 1 month. I was then told by the guy at the outside billing agency that I had to pay for 3 month because thats what I started with. Rather than argue with him, I called XM directly and spoke with another rep who again, was borderline rude and nom shalant. However, I did get satisfaction from her, she only charged me for 1 month and gave me 2 additional months. But still, the service is always so bad.