Complaint Review: XM Radio

• Submitted: Thu, December 23, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 23, 2010

• Reported By: Michelle — Durango Colorado United States of America
XM Radio
1500 Eckington Place NE, Washington, DC 20002 Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

XM Radio Sirius XM Radio Beware of 'FREE' 90 day trial with new car. Washington, District of Columbia

I received XM Satellite Radio as a free trial offer when I purchased my Subaru. When I called to start the service the sales person that I spoke to offered to sell me an in house radio also. I asked him to repeat the price, which he (twice) stated to be 19.99. I thought it sounded like a good price, so I decided to purchase the in house radio, to use during my free trial period.

I received the in house radio and a bill for the radio of 64.99. Subsequently, I received a $46 bill for three months of in house satellite radio. At no time was I informed that I would have to pay a monthly fee of 15$ for the in home service. This was never mentioned in the initial conversation with XM Radio and the price for the in house radio was much higher than I was originally quoted.

When I tried to cancel the subscription and mail back the radio, I was put on hold numerous times and then I was hung up on during one of the many transfers. I called back on another day that same week and after an hour of holding and being transferred I spoke to an agent who informed me that I would have to pay a 75$ early cancellation fee. I explained that this was not acceptable, since I didn't ever sign up for any plan. They transferred me again and the representative assured me that she would cancel my subscription and not charge me the 75$ fee.

Today I picked up my mail and what should arrive? A bill from XM Radio for a $75 cancellation fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2010 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20002/XM-Radio-Sirius-XM-Radio-Beware-of-FREE-90-day-trial-with-new-car-Washington-District-674730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio