Complaint Review: XM Radio

• Submitted: Sun, October 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 12, 2008

• Reported By:Kenosha Wisconsin
XM Radio
xmro.xmradio.com Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

XM Radio tricks subscribers into overcharges Washington District of Columbia

I had a trial subscription with XM Radio with my new car. I was enjoying it so when the free subscription was nearing its end, I decided to renew for a year. I went online and entered a credit number for a year of service. About two weeks later, I received a statement reminding me of the expiration date and offering some renewal specials.

Thinking I might extend the subscription further, I called XM and learned that they had never extended the subscription. Since they apparently had not received my online request, I assumed my entry had somehow not gone through. This time, I decided to renew by mail with a check and for a 3-month period due to a special offer.

A month later, the online charge that they claimed they had never received appeared on my credit card. The check I sent also went through. However, they only honored one of the renewals. Subsequent contact to them has done absolutely no good.

Wisconsumer
Kenosha, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2008 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio/Washington-District-of-Columbia/XM-Radio-tricks-subscribers-into-overcharges-Washington-District-of-Columbia-380603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio