Complaint Review: XM Radio

• Reported By: George — Mount Carmel Tennessee United States of America
XM Radio

XM Radio Lifetime Membership Not Allowed to Transfer, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Lifetime Subscription Information

I bought my lifetime membership to XM over the phone and was told by the agent that the membership was transferrable, I gave approx. $500 for the service. About 5 days ago I bought a new Chevrolet Silverado, after transfering my OnStar account I asked to transfer my XM account and they transferred my call to a XM agent. I was told my lifetime membership was non-transferable, I asked to speak with a manager and was told by her that lifetime memberships were never transferrable at all. I would have never paid $500 for one vehicle, I knew when I bought my membership to XM that I would be trading trucks soon. I always enjoyed my XM radio and I miss having it but I feel I have been ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio/internet/XM-Radio-Lifetime-Membership-Not-Allowed-to-Transfer-Internet-955918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio

Lifetime Subscription Information

AUTHOR: SIRIUS XM Customer Relations - (USA)

Hi George -

We apologize for the miscommunication you have received. Unless the receiver was stolen or defective, a Lifetime subscription associated with an automotive receiver is non-transferable. But a Lifetime plan associated with a home, portable, or dock and play radio is transferable to another radio on the same platform up to 3 times at a fee of $75. If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be able to answer them there.

Thanks,