Complaint Review: XM Radio

XM Radio
xmradio.com Internet U.S.A.

XM Radio subscription cancellation ripoff Internet

*Author of original report: XM Radio

I am waiting to see what comes of my most recent e-mail, but I thought I'd check out XM here to see any similar stories...I read the last few and didn't see any like mine, so I'm going to add this.

On 11/27/06, I called XM to cancel my service because I was selling my radio. The conversation went well, the rep was personable, and I only remember the rep warning me of one thing - that my 3-month subscription billing would be up in a few weeks and in order for the new owner to NOT be charged an activation fee, the new owner should call within the next few weeks to activate the radio. I had said thanks and went on my way.

I sold the radio and told that to the new owner. and I thought everything was done. I did notice on my December credit card statement that I had a charge, but I stupidly thought that it was the end of my subscription and that it was just.

Well, my newest statement with March's charges recently came and I have the same charge. I contacted XM by e-mail because I hate dealing with anyone over the phone and the wait. I received an e-mail a few days later telling me that I ACCEPTED the one month credit....I did nothing of the kind! I sent another e-mail in which I expressed more thoroughly my conversation with the rep.

That got me an e-mail from another rep who again informed me I accepted 1 free month...I love when they tell you what YOU did. And they told me the radio just got "switched over" on May 21st - funny, 5 days after my initial e-mail. They told me I should go and find the guy I sold it to to get my money back.

So, I sent another e-mail (I really do hate having to bicker with people - on the phone or otherwise) in which I asked that it be handed to a supervisor. I explained that that was NOT what the rep told me, and why would I have accepted a free month when I was selling the radio to somebody I didn't know?

My earlier statement stands - the rep told me to make sure the new owner called in so he wouldn't get charged the activation fee. I don't know if that doesn't make sense to them, but that's what I was told. So, I've asked nicely for my March charge of $44.67 to be removed, but I then threw in that if they were to do the right thing, they'd remove the December charge as well.

I don't understand why when you call up to CANCEL something, it doesn't just get cancelled. We'll see what happens...I just know there's going to be a phone call...

Lauren
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2007 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio/internet/XM-Radio-subscription-cancellation-ripoff-Internet-250022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio

XM Radio

AUTHOR: Lauren - (U.S.A.)

It took a while, but this company finally resolved my problem and gave me my money back. They still argue that I accepted something I didn't, but at least they straightened things out with me.