Complaint Review: XM Satellite Radio

• Submitted: Fri, June 05, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 27, 2009

• Reported By:Wheat Ridge Colorado
XM Satellite Radio
www.xmradio.com Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

*Author of original report: XM Radio XM Satellite Radio Activated and charged cancelled subscription Detroit Michigan

I cancelled my XM Radio account in Febuary 2009 to move to another city. I was told that the cancellation was complete and was done, so I thought. I am now in my new city and when I checked my checking account June 5, 2009, I was shocked to find that XM Radio had charged my bank card a total of $38.85 for XM Radio service.

I immediately called the 800 number and asked why I was charged for a cancelled service. After I spoke with the first rep, I was transferred to another rep who asked all the same questions the first rep asked and then I told her that I had cancelled my service in Febuary. The rep then said to me that a request for cancellation was received in Febuary, but on June 2nd, the service was activated and charged. She had no reason for it or did not apologize for it. She then said that it will take 3 to 4 business days to return my money that was taken in 1 day for nothing. Then had the nerve to ask if I had received the radio for service that I didn't order. I was so mad that I just asked for my charge to be charged back today and then hung up.

I had problems cancelling the original service and now I know why.

Ernie
Wheat Ridge, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2009 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Satellite-Radio/Detroit-Michigan-48232/XM-Radio-XM-Satellite-Radio-Activated-and-charged-cancelled-subscription-Detroit-Michigan-459069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Satellite Radio

AUTHOR: Ernie - (U.S.A.)

After I emailed the company with my concerns, I was emailed back and monies were credited back to my account. I still will never deal with this company again, they did do what they said they would do and I hope that I don't have to go through this again.