Complaint Review: XM Satellite Radio

• Reported By:Richwood West Virginia
XM Satellite Radio
Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

XM Satellite Radio EXTREMELY Poor Customer Service Detroit Michigan

When I bought my new truck in September 2008, it came with a 3-month trial subscription of XM Radio, set to expire on December 3, 2008. I received a notice in the mail in November stating that my trial period would be over soon and to please respond with renewal payment by 11/18. The notice stated that for monthly payments, I needed to pay by credit card.

I went to the XM website, set up an account using my XM Radio ID. I then went to the make a payment' section and paid the $13.73 fee with my Visa check card. It cleared my bank account on 11/17. I thought no more of it until I received another notice in the mail about a week later about payment. I went back on the website and noticed that my payment hadn't posted.

I emailed XM about my payment. I received a reply on December 4th stating that they did receive my payment and had reactivated my radio. The next day, around 2:30 I noticed that my radio wasn't working. I called 1-800-XMRADIO. The representative I spoke with was rude and told me that nothing could be done, and the radio had been shut off. He said they had no record of payment. I was asked to fax my bank statement, which I tried to do for 45 minutes, but the number was busy.

I let it go for the day. On 12/06, my fianc called and talked to a nice gentleman who told him that he could fix the problem and that we would have service restored in 15 to 20 minutes. Seven hours later, still no service. I called back and spoke to another nice gentleman who stated that the account was showing as pending', and that he would try to send another signal to the radio for reactivation, and that it might take up to an hour. It is now December 7th and we have no service.

I called XM again this evening and was told there was nothing that could be done and that I had to wait 2 to 3 days until someone contacted me. I don't understand the issue. The payment was made. I received an email verifying this, yet my radio was still turned off and I can't get them to turn it back on.

Kiley
Richwood, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2008 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Satellite-Radio/Detroit-Michigan-48232/XM-Satellite-Radio-EXTREMELY-Poor-Customer-Service-Detroit-Michigan-1034110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Satellite Radio