Complaint Review: XM Sirius Radio

• Reported By: XMSUCKS — austin Texas United States of America
XM Sirius Radio

XM Sirius Radio Renewal Scam, Lying Liars, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to help

*Consumer Comment: They tried to do the same thing to me...

XM Sirius Radio seems to be a neat service.  It was given to us as part of our purchase of a new car.  We actually bought an additional 6 months of service, but we decided that it wasn't really worth what they were charging and we cancelled our service in December of 2011.  Surprise, surprise when we got a call from them saying that we had an "Outstanding Balance" and that their contract clearly stated that they had the right to renew our contract.  Well, not so clearly really, since the person making this claim was from the Phillipines and obviously had not spoken English for all that long.

I spent about an hour on the phone trying to talk to a supervisor, called back about 4 times and finally realized that they purposely don't allow you to talk to anyone who is either a 'supervisor' or even anyone who spoke English as a first language.  Supposedly they have entered a termination now, and even provided me with a 'confirmation number' of 7 digits, but I will have to watch all of my credit cards for then next several weeks to make sure they haven't charged anything new based upon their 'contract'.

Never get in a relationship with these guys.  Scum.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Sirius-Radio/internet/XM-Sirius-Radio-Renewal-Scam-Lying-Liars-Internet-909869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Sirius Radio

We'd like to help

AUTHOR: SIRIUS XM Customer Relations - (USA)

Hi all,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. The cancellation should have gone through. Please send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we will reach out to you to discuss your account.  We are sorry to see you go.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

They tried to do the same thing to me...

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

Only I haven't had their service since 2006 and it was on another vehicle entirely! I received their notification that I was getting 6 free months of service and I called them right away to cancel it as I didn't have the vehicle and I didn't order the service.

I, too, ended up with limited english speaking phone reps. I explained that I haven't owned or seen that vehicle in 4 years. They didn't care about that at all. They never could answer who ordered the service in my name on a vehicle I no longer own.

After much discussion I finally got a cancellation number from them, but they did their best to say there was nothing to cancel as it was free. I know better. There is no such thing as a free service without some hook... and I didn't want the charges to roll over onto any credit card I had up with them in 2006. They are scum.