Complaint Review: XRITE Career Management

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: wont be fooled again — north babylon Nationwide United States of America
XRITE Career Management
2637 E Atlantic Blvd #18088 Internet United States of America

XRITE Career Management 123 Free Credit Report Application for employment needs a credit report first, Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: received the same email

While searching for amployment I had expressed interest in a compnay & forwarded my resume along to them. The following week I received a reply (X.C.M.Human Resouces Dept.TO: Applicant at dmeyer520@yahoo.com  **Time Sensitive**

We carefully reviewed your information and selected you to receive our exclusive career resources and opportunities.

Depending on available positions, pay can range from as much as $17.30/hr to $52.26/hr or higher. Many of these positions are 40 hours per week, non-exempt positions.

Before you're able to receive these resources and employment opportunities we will need you to first complete our simple online application process.

Please go here to get started: http://xritecareermanagement.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=999866b039287d40a1489802d&id=b6c7bb19aa&e=e22d83ec91

By completing our application process the following may be available to you: - Exclusive Employment Listings - Career Resources - Higher than average salaried positions - Employment that offers Tuition Reimbursement - Employment with Health Benefits Packages - Employment that offers Extensive 401(k) Programs

To receive this information, please take the time to complete the entireapplication process. Best Regards, HR Department X.C.M.  )

After following their directions I was forwarded to a a site asking for my contact information. Upon entering this info I was then taken to another page with this message.

(Step 3 of 3 (Highly Recommended)

Because you will potentially be working in a professional environment dealing with sensitive information, we highly recommend that all applicants obtain a standard credit check. We believe that it is extremley important for you to be aware of what is on your credit report before interviewing for any type of employment (incorrect information on your credit report may impact your chances being hired).  There is no charge for the actual credit check and it will not negatively influence your credit. The credit check is done through a 3rd party and we will not have access to it. When you complete the credit check keep it handy, you may need this  as verification of completing the credit check.  Please note: Even though you may be asked to supply it for the credit check, our company will never ask for your social security number or any sensitive information.

If you have not pulled your score within the last 2 months, you can get it instantly by Clicking Here (will open in a new window)

After you have completed your credit check, please send an email to Complete@xritecareermanagement.com

Please title your email 'Application/Credit Check Complete' and simply include your name in body of the email.)

I decided to do a little research first regarding this credit report for which i was able to find multiple posting regarding their scam like tactics and attempts to get you sign up for a free membership which promises not make any charge on your credit report they simply need this info to process. Unfortunately as everyone has been quick to find out it is immediately charged to your account & you must hthen go thru the long tedious steps of trying to get this refunded.

Decided to do alittle more research & found the very same company I was applying for is directly related to the same credit report agency they want you to get the report thru. Seriously disappointed that this is the first steps I have with a company I am about to form a relationship with trying to take my money in order to simply get my foot though the door.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XRITE-Career-Management/internet/XRITE-Career-Management-123-Free-Credit-Report-Application-for-employment-needs-a-credit-r-910736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XRITE Career Management

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

received the same email

AUTHOR: richard - (United States of America)

i just recently received the same email to complete this application after i did so it asked me to get my credit ran which i did not do so it sounded like a scam so i google the company and found out that they are fake.