Complaint Review: Xcel Energy Minnesota

• Reported By: Alan — St. Paul Minnesota
Xcel Energy Minnesota
414 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Xcel Energy Minnesota Home Advantage Service Fraud Minneapolis Minnesota

As a long time customer as well as consumer of Xcel energy, i am extremely disappointed and feel like i was frauduantly mislead with the Home Advantage service warranty which i pay an additional premium for every month. I signed up many years ago to have additional warranty and service on my major home appliances. Recently i called for service on a whirlpool range/oven as the oven would not light. Their service contractor from Watson Appliance in stillwater  mn. was ent to my house to diagagnose the problem. The service repair man expressed to me that it needed an ignitor part and he would return the next day. I got a call from a representative from Watson Appliance the next day to inform me that they no longer could get the part that i needed. Their recommendation was for me to call Xcel and inquire about their low financing in buying another range. I was appaled that they could not fix the problem and wanted me to replace the appliance while i have been paying a monthly premium to insure this extra cost(s). I called Xcel and spoke to a person in the appropriate department and was told due to the service contractor not being able to locate the part there was nothing that she could do. I have been a loyal customer for over 25 years and pay my monthly billing with the additional warranty costs to cover the Advantage service. I don't feel as if this situation has been an Advantage to me. And Yes i do feel ripped off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xcel-Energy-Minnesota/Minneapolis-Minnesota/Xcel-Energy-Minnesota-Home-Advantage-Service-Fraud-Minneapolis-Minnesota-1084098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xcel Energy Minnesota