Complaint Review: Xlibris Corporation

• Updated: Sun, December 25, 2011

• Reported By: Smalls — McKinney Texas United States of America
Xlibris Corporation
1663 Liberty Dr., Ste.200 Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

Xlibris Corporation should be renamed to: "Shyster Corporation" I paid additional money for editing services which did not happen. This makes me look bad:Shame on "XLIBRIS" Bloomington, Indiana

Xlibris Corporation, advertise themselves as a self publishing company that will assist the writer with various levels of: Marketing, Editorial Services, Manuscript and Graphics Formatting. The services depend on how much the consumer pays. I paid for the "Premium" package concentrating on the Editorial Services.  The end product was short of being professional with various paragraph spacing that was not consistent.  While signing up for the service's I was promised several services that will be honored.  These services were not honored.  The end product makes the author appear illiterate and sloppy. The company did not edit the book at all. When I made my complaint vocal to the company and wanted to make an offical complaint, I was transfered to different departments and was told that I would be called back by someone that will handle my complaint.  This call never came, instead someone from marketing started calling me two times a day to solicit an additional $3,000 dollars for marketing.  My second book will not be with this company nor would I recommend them to any of my future author friends.  The only service this company did right was to debit my credit card account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2011 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris-Corporation/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Xlibris-Corporation-should-be-renamed-to-Shyster-Corporation-I-paid-additional-money-813717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris Corporation