Complaint Review: Xlibris Publishing Ltd

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: LividLo — New Plymouth Other New Zealand
Xlibris Publishing Ltd
suite 1A, Level 2, 802 Pacific Highway, Gordon, NS Nationwide United States of America

Xlibris Publishing Ltd Unprofessional, slow, shoddy work, overpriced end product New South Wales, Nationwide

I have doubts about the American-based publishing company Xlibris. Their work is shoddy, they have taken 3 years to do a job for me that was basic (since I had the job done and ready for them anyway) and which according to their contract would be completed within 2 months. After 2 failed attempts to do my picture book, I finally received the copy which was up to standard, but their recommended retail price was double what I would have expected, which renders the book unsaleable. The whole deal also cost me $1800, and now I have a product which is overpriced, and that took well longer than their contract stated. I would have expected the job to be straightforward, any high school student could have done the work. After the first embarrassing quality disaster, I had to scan the images for them again at my own expense, which they tried to bill me for the 'republishing'. The second attempt resulted in the colour being wrong, then on the third attempt, they finally got it right. During those 3 years, we had a world recession, so now my book is overpriced for todays market. What I got for my money was a few 'complimentary' copies, 2 posters and some promotional business cards. I have read of other people having similar problems with this company and as can be expected, no refund (part or otherwise) was given when these other people asked for a refund. It seems others have had a similar experience, I now have an unsaleable, overpriced book that cost me a heap of money. I was seduced by what appeared to be a great deal on the internet in a country where I cant fight their laws. According to them, they delivered the product (in the end)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris-Publishing-Ltd/nationwide/Xlibris-Publishing-Ltd-Unprofessional-slow-shoddy-work-overpriced-end-product-New-Sout-857072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris Publishing Ltd