lighting

• Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: lisa_marie — Seligman Missouri United States of America
Xlibris Publishing
1663 Liberty Dr Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

Xlibris Publishing So I purchased the premium package with Xlibris to publish my first book of my first series, my horror started with the author represenative, they left out four pages of my book, all the reviews from Bloomington Indiana

*Consumer Comment: How can we file a joint law suit against Xlibris?

I hired Xlibiris to publish my first book in my first series. I purchased the premium package which basically includes almost everything, it included an editor. The funny thing about the editor, all of my reviews have been complaints about the grammer and the edititing, the reviews state that if the book were "polished" better with the grammer that it would be an easy 5 star book but it's only a 4 at this point because of the editing that I paid for. They not only messed up the editing but they missed an entire FOUR pages that they left out of my book, these pages were important for the plot. My author's rep was fired some time during the publication process and me and my book was dropped in the cracks. It's a joke, they have cost me time, money, sales and most of all my name. The book outside looks like it should belong in the scholastic library for third to fifth grade kids, then the sales rep sends me an email trying to bribe me into using xlibiris for book 2 and 3 by telling me that if I can guarantee her that I'll use them for the next two books that she will (pay out of her pocket) two copies of my book from their other distributor because I don't like the way they turned out. What has large buisness groups done to make their employee's feel that they have to bribe us or to have to spend thier own money to bring in buisness. It's a joke, all of it. I received my first royalty check in the mail today, are you ready for this everyone, take a seat, it was $27.01 that's right don't forget the one cent, yet my author's pages on Amazon and B&N show my sales were way better, not to mention that noone contacted me about taking 28% of my check for taxes or let alone give me the option to opt out of that, which I want, I don't trust them to do anything right let alone my taxes, so I can end up in jail because they are commiting fraud by what they do. I found an attorney, not mention the writers group I belong to that have author's in there who have used Xlibiris and have sued them and were settled, one was settled with five hundred thousand dollars, so come on everyone, the public, their screwing everyone that uses them. My book started out a good size book but ended up with them being 118 pages and they are charging 19.99 for a soft cover and 29.99 for a hard cover. Really, I mean come on, I'm not a Known author yet, it's a rip off any way you look at it. so they must be getting some really great earnings on sitting on all that money, they must be drawing great interest. I want my money, all  of it, and my name back because now it's crap thanks to this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris-Publishing/Bloomington-Indiana-/Xlibris-Publishing-So-I-purchased-the-premium-package-with-Xlibris-to-publish-my-first-bo-971431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris Publishing

How can we file a joint law suit against Xlibris?

AUTHOR: KW Destinations - (United States of America)

I have also written about Xlibris and their rip offs and unprofessionalism.  How could we get all of us together to file a joint action law suit against them and close them down?