Complaint Review: Xlibris Publishing

• Reported By: Christopher — Markfield Internet United Kingdom
Xlibris Publishing
1663 Liberty Drive, Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

Xlibris Publishing Non payment of monies owed Bloomington, Indiana

*Author of original report: Did Xlibris ever pay me? NO!

*Consumer Comment: I am thinking of using Xlibris. They told met that they have worked out their difficulties!

I published with Xlibris in August 2010, and twice now I have had difficulty obtaining my royalty fees from Xlibris. The current fiasco dates from Q1 2012, so basically I'm still waiting for my April payment from you. despite over 30 emails and 10 phone calls no body returns my calls. This is a copy of the last email I received from them on the subject dated 11th September 2012.
"Hi Chris,
Finance has been informed of your request to be paid via EFT. Another follow-up has been made earlier today. We will continue to reach out to them until we will be able to finally resolve this one.
Again, we are so sorry for all this. You have indeed been very patient with us. Thank you for letting us work on this for you.
Sincerely,
Pamela Blake"

So, 5 months of delays in paying me, Xlibris are more than keen to take money prior to publishing, but when it comes to paying it's sadly an completely different story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 03:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris-Publishing/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Xlibris-Publishing-Non-payment-of-monies-owed-Bloomington-Indiana-940483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris Publishing

Did Xlibris ever pay me? NO!

AUTHOR: O Canada - (United Kingdom)

So, we're into November now and I am still waiting for my April check, never mind August and I dare not even think about Octobers.

I have mailed Xlibris over 50 times without a satisfactory response. The pursuance is now going to court as my patience is now exhausted.

A note to UK authors, if you make a claim through Money Claim Online (MCOL) you can add interest to a maximum of 5% per day to the amount owed from the first day of non payment.

Additionally, try and get hold of Amazon retail, they should be able to tell you exactly how many sales you have made through them. You'd be surprised how many sales you're making that Xlibris aren't telling you about.

AUTHOR: indian110 - (United States of America)

The question is did Xlibris really solve their royalty problems? Their fees are quite high.  I don't want to
get suckered in as I did with a earlier book, Henry, Black Lightning and the Rubber Band", with a different self publisher.

Please let me know if I can trust them with my book and royalties. They are now associated with Penquin books which I understand has a possibly equally checkered history.

I would really like to get my book published and I really need your reply. Thank you.

Thank you. ( I am really not an Indian)
Indian110