Complaint Review: Xlibris Publishing

• Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: Mary A. Bell — Happy Valley Oregon United States of America
Xlibris Publishing
1663 Liberty Dr. Ste. 200 Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

Xlibris Publishing They published my book, but charged high prices for scant marketing. They set high prices on my book. Bloomington, Indiana

Xlibris published and printed my book, "Triumphs I & II", in August 2011.

They put what I consider to be high prices on my softback and hardback book - $16.95 for softback and $24.95 for hardback.  I'm sure that this is a deterrant to potential buyers.  It's a book of poetry and short storied - 88 pages.  It is attractive, but has sold little.

Xlibris came up with a list of marketing services totaling approximately $30,000.00.  Services are not done until they have been paid for.  So far I have paid about $10,000 for publishing the book and for some press releases they sent out around the nation.

The finance department at Xlibris is set up so that they are used to an author paying either in full or in 3 monthly installments for the whole package.  I told my marketing consultant repeatedly that I cannot pay four-figure monthly installments, and that I would pay $600. [continued below]....
.....00/month.  That is still a burden, and I'm getting nothing for it.  Although they are not putting a collection agency on my tail, I occasionally receive what they call "courtesy calls", and my marketing consultant says not to worry about the calls- that's their job.

My main complaint is that I believe they have set the prices on my book too high, and I'm getting little marketing service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris-Publishing/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Xlibris-Publishing-They-published-my-book-but-charged-high-prices-for-scant-marketing-950337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris Publishing