Complaint Review: Xlibris publishing Company

• Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Kim Johnson — Hull Internet United Kingdom
Xlibris publishing Company
1663 liberty drive Bloomington, Indiana United States of America

Xlibris publishing Company the rip off merchants of the publishing world Bloomington, Indiana

I had the tragedy of my wife dieing of cancer back in 2006 so to help me get over it a friend persuaded me to write down my thoughts and feelings. The set of thoughts became an idea for a book and unfortunately I chose Xlibris.

To begin with they were really good. I was pleased with the cover and their work. After I had paid them a lotb of money for advertising and publishing things changed.

They stopped answering my emails and pnone calls. They did not tell me how many books I had actually sold. One year on from publication and according to their Website I have sold 34 copiesand should be getting 55 in royalties i have so far got 16. I also know that I have sold a further 20 books over the last quarter but have had no contact from them since before Christmas.
On one of the posters they sent me to 'sell' my book it clearly states that anyone wanting to buy my book could go to my local book store. I went to the biggest retailer in England 'Watertstones book store' who told me that my book does not exist!! They can not sell it as the isbn does not exist! The depressing thing is they want to sell it.
I feel Xlibris have let me down and lied to me. It is not about the money it is about them conning me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 02:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris-publishing-Company/Bloomington-Indiana-47403/Xlibris-publishing-Company-the-rip-off-merchants-of-the-publishing-world-Bloomington-Ind-835753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris publishing Company