Complaint Review: Xlibris

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Larry — beloit Wisconsin
Xlibris
Internet USA

Xlibris High prices, horrible customer sevice, and they call themselves a publishing Co. Internet

This happend to me last year when i published both my books through xlibris.  When i paid them, they were very nice, called promptly, and printed the 1st book within a month. I was so happy, i thought they would aid in selling, i quickly realized i was on my own.

Publishing book2 was much different. Because i was all paid up i wasn't as important, i didn't have the internet at the time and my reps knew. they kept having me look at my corrections even though nothing was changed. The cover took a week and the interior took 3weeks with nothing edited.

They stopped calling me i had to call them everyday to check on the book. it was finally finished but, they got the title wrong, and their serviceing sucked at the end.

Even though i wasn't ripped off, it feels like i was. My book is 300pages and is $20 i do think the price is fair for a new book. but the price for the author is wrong it's way to high.

I still get contacted from them every now and then, new reps asking me of my progress and if i'm going to buy more books soon. A few days ago a rep was trying to convince me not to give up. even though im not.

I waited and searched for a publisher for a month and couldn't find anyone good. I didn't want a self publisher but it was all i could find, everything good is off the grid. I didn't know about this site at the time so i couldn't check them out.

If your a new author and looking to publish, i know how excited you are to look at that finished title of yours, but my advice is wait. Do it the right way, or don't do it at all. These people know how to talk to you, they sell, they don't care about your dreams or how broke you are. Your just a dollar sign to them.

I don't think theres anything anyone can do for me, i just don't want the same thing to happen to anyone else.

Good luck and God bless!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris/internet/Xlibris-High-prices-horrible-customer-sevice-and-they-call-themselves-a-publishing-Co-1061828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris