Complaint Review: Xlibris

• Submitted: Thu, November 17, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, November 17, 2011

• Reported By: www.cherylann-thomas.com — West Kelowna British Columbia Canada
Xlibris

Xlibris Xlibris Self Publishing Took $8000.00 for publication of book. Do not pay royalties of proven sales Internet

*Consumer Comment: Publisher

I paid over $8000 for 'Platinum Services" to get my book published. The services were to include editing which was hardly done (they made 5 corrections and two of those were wrong). Almost everyone I spoke within the company to had English as a second language and made me wonder about their English proficiency to be competent to edit or work with books in English.

Anyway, I am complaining because not only did they take my $8000 and not fulfill the terms of the agreement for this $8000; they are not paying me the royalties of sales that I know were sold. In Canada I have at least four people (that I know about) whom purchased the book but none of these sales show up on Xlibris Website under "Author Royalties." I also have over 1500 friends within the united states whom have sent me emails telling me how wonderful the book is...yet they do not show up in the royalties statement. According to Xlibris, I have sold only 5 books! I have well over that in sales and thus can only conclude that this organization either breaches contracts or are out right scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xlibris/internet/Xlibris-Xlibris-Self-Publishing-Took-800000-for-publication-of-book-Do-not-pay-royalti-799129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xlibris

Publisher

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

You actually PAID someone to publish a book ?????????????  And you paid them $8000 ???????  Wow...you're a scammer's dream come true, aren't you ?   It's the other way around....the publisher is supposed to pay YOU !!!  And you fell for this scam ???   Geeeezzzzz.  You don't get out much, do you ?